What should i do???

I don't feel like cooking dinner tonight ...but i haven't REALLY cooked anything in like 3 days. ...I have two little ones. ...later this week i want to make spaghetti but i need to buy some things first.
What should i do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Pancakes, frenchtoast, cereal and toast. ALL of us have those days, even weeks where we just don't want to cook and that is ok. As long as your kids are fed something, they will survive and be ok.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Its not what you eat....its who you eat with that is more important....dont sweat it girl! I have weeks like that too.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Wow I swear I thought I was the only person out there who would go for a few days without cooking, then feel bad about *still* not wanting to cook.

Best thing I can say is exactly what my DH says to me:
    "Just because you're who you are does not mean that it is your job to cook every single meal every single day of your life. Sometimes you need to take time off, whether it be for a meal or a week. Order something if you want to."

Heh hope that helps.
    Dyssy

Answer by Dyssy at 5:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• aw dyssy. it sounds like you have a very sweet husband.
    Anonymous

• Make a menu based on your schedule. That way you can shop for what you need and have it on hand when you need it. You will be able to plan for days that are busy or laid back, "no-cook-day" We have soup and sandwich or salad and a baked pototo or something simple like that on those days. Peanut butter on toast with a banana is a good do-nothing meal for us also.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• When you cook make double,freeze half. Find two friends who feel like you do; each cooks one meal for three families. I keep rice and lots of chopped vegetables in the freezer for quick meals.
    Here is a quick dinner recipe, adapted from Vegetarian times. It takes less than 15 minutes (if the rice is cooked)
    Heat a few chili pepper flakes in olive oil, along with a sliced garlic clove and sliced ginger. Remove the garlic and ginger before they burn. Add onion saute for 1 min. Add 2 diced up baby eggplants and saute for 5 mins (I have used zucchini and broccoli, too; really, any fresh or frozen veggies will do). Add red/yellow peppers & mushrooms. Add 2 tbsp each of brown sugar, tamari & vinegar (I didn't have tamari so I used Braggs) and saute 2 more mins. Add fresh basil. Serve over rice (you could use room temperature leftovers) or rice noodles (they are super quick in a pinch). You can also add cubed tofu before serving

Answer by rkoloms at 10:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2009