Any advice of how to take care of myself and the life inside of me until I get a doctor/insuarnce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Eat healthy and got buy some pre-natal vitamins at a pharmacy.
    Anonymous

• Eat healthy and live healthy...cut out caffiene or limit it. No smoking, limit drinking alcohol, start taking prenatal vitamins (at bedtime is best) And remember that women gave birth to babies all by themselves long before doctors came along.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Like others have said make sure you get those pre-natal vitamins. Eat healthy..plenty of veggies & fruits. Plenty of water of course. Cut your caffeine. No drinking, no smoking ( cut down if you can not quit ). Maybe even buy a pregnancy book since you will be unable to ask a doctor questions. Get rest when you need it.
    Nicole1357

Answer by Nicole1357 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• take prenatal vitamins, eat healthy, drink a lot of water, check your blood pressure and see if you can get strips to test your urine for protein. Look on-line to and see if there are any clinics in your area that can help you until you get insurance.
    katejang81

Answer by katejang81 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• A midwife is CHEAP! Mine is only $2500 for prenatal, delivery, and post delivery for 12 weeks. She will see me about 13 times before the baby comes then about 4 times afterward. She said we can pay in installments. Most people pay her $300/month roughly over 8 months. She has all the necessary equipment.

You can start seeing one then switch over to a doctor only once your insurance kicks in.

good diet, plenty of water, low-key
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• www.inhishands.com
    buy Diascreen 2GP , a Thermometer, Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, Pregnancy Tea, The First Week
    ( book) & The Naturally Healthy Pregnancy - Whole Health for the Whole Pregnancy, by Shonda Parker ( book).
    I second the midwife idea. =) You can do a lot if not ALL your own prenatal care ( I did with my second). A good prenatal supplment to have is : Nature's Prenatal® (180 tabs) from Nature's Sunshine.
    Good Luck and congrats!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I would be surprized if there isn't a clinic of some kind in your area that would offer services for you free or very low cost. If affording care is a problem, most (I think all) states have programs that can help. At the very least, you should be able to go to the health department for some limited care.

Good luck to you and your baby.

And to the poster who said to limit alcohol while pregnant - I hope you and all pregnant women eliminate alcohol when pregnant! Even a little bit can cause severe damage - no amount is safe! http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/14332_1170.asp#head4
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 11:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I do not drink --even caffeine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Oct. 2, 2009