should i tell my currently deployed husband that im pregnant?

My husband and i got married on September 25th 2009, so 6 days ago. He got deployed a few days after and in the heat of the moment between getting married and having him deploy, i havent really noticed myself feeling sick. Yesterday i found out why. im pregnant. I dont know how far along yet but i do know that 5 pregnancy tests wouldnt lie. Being that he just left im worried about telling him and stressing him out to the point he wont consintrate on the job at hand. He wants a baby, i know how happy this news will make him but i am wondering if i should tell him the next time he calls or if i should wait until hes settled in a bit more and used to his surroundings. any advice will help :) thank you all

Mrs.Abraham

Asked by Mrs.Abraham at 5:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How long is he going to be gone? You could suprise him when he gets home, unless that is too long of a wait..
    Anonymous

• I would wait until a doctor visit confirms the test.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Tell him when you know how far along you are and when your due date is. If a man is looking forward to a family the birth of a child can be a lot of reason for making sure you do your best to come home. I don't say that from my own opinion..but what my husband, a 30 yr. retired Sailor, has told me...and many of his men over the years.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i would tell him, if he is happy about it then, it may help him get through what he is going through. good luck and congrats.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Tell him. Will give him something to look forwad to seeing. And his 1st SGT might even let him come home when the baby is born. As soon as you here from him tell him about the surprise. My DH is retired Military.

Answer by louise2 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I would tell him as soon as you can. It's exciting news and what if God forbid something happens to the baby he isnt getting the news that you were pregnant and something happen. I think you should tell him =) Good luck!
    katejang81

Answer by katejang81 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• hes going to be gonee for at least 5 months and will be home for mid tour leave. i was thinking about suprising him but idk if he would freak out if he walked up to him 5 months pregnant
    Mrs.Abraham

Answer by Mrs.Abraham at 6:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• some people would say to wait til after a doctor confirms this. But if you took 5 tests and they all came out positive, you're definitely pregnant. I don't think you should wait at all to notify him about this; being your husband, nothing should be kept from him. You should let him know exactly what is going on.
    Anonymous

• Have the doctor confirm it and get a due date and then let hubby know. But dont wait any longer than that. If he wants a baby, then he'll be beyond excited to hear the news. And it give him one extra thing to look forward coming home to!

Congrats!!!!! On both the new marriage and the pregnancy!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I would tell him now. I would be so upset it my wife (well, if I were a guy and was married lol) found out that she was pregnant and didnt tell me. I understand your reasoning for maybe not telling him but regardless of where he is, he should still be able to be as involved in the pregnancy. Plus, its going to a long physical and emotional rollercoaster for your too so you will (most likely) want and need his support
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009