Has any mother been told their fetus has fluid behind it's neck?

I am 13 weeks pregnant with twins that are fraternal. Baby A is a week behind in growth and has fluid behind its neck. I am meeting with a genetic counselor tomorrow. I was just wondering if any mothers have been told the same thing about their precious little one, and what their outcome was/

katejang81

Asked by katejang81 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was told my DD had fluid in her brian.This was told by my regulard doctor. I was a mess until we went to the specialist. She then told us that everything was ok. I finally came to the conclusion before we saw the specialist that I would love my baby however she came out. I also told myself God wouldn't give me anything that I couldn't handle. My daughter turned out perfectly healthy. Try not to stress. I know it's easy to say. I wish you luck.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 6:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• someone i use to work with's baby boy had a large ball of fluid somewhere on his neck, i was never sure what it was, i saw it in one of his ultrasounds, but it wasnt there when he was born.
    AmandaLeeds

Answer by AmandaLeeds at 3:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I am actually experiencing the same exact thing. I am 12 weeks preg. I was told by the doctor your baby is seriously ill, you should abort it today. I was a wreck. My baby as well has fluids around its neck. My doctor was forcing abortion on me becuase he doesn't believe in carrying a down-sydrome baby which could be a result. He also said well since this baby wasn't planned its the best thing this happened, you can get rid of it. He was a complete moron!!!! I have full faith my baby will pull through & I am going for a second opinion.
    E910M

Answer by E910M at 11:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2009