• In the Spotlight:

Thank you cards

So at my work they had a small baby shower and about 9 people gave money to get me a gift card. I'm writing thank you cards for them all. The people who gave presents are easy to write for.. But how do you write a thank you card to the ones who gave money, i don't want to just say "hey thanks for donating money" type thing so how should i phrase it?? Any ideas?

Mandy211

Asked by Mandy211 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thanks for the great gift, I know we will use it to get some great necessities. The baby and I greatly appreciate you and your generous gift.

May God Bless you
    - Your Name
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I wrote similar thank yous for both my wedding and baby showers - Each time I thanked them for their generosity (nice and vague) and also let them know how I had spent/intended to spend their thoughtful gift. Since I combined most of the money to use on bigger items, most of the cards said the exact same thing, but my sentiment was true and I thought they would like hearing what I had bought :) Hope that helps!
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• A gift of money is still a gift. How about telling them how much you appreciate their gift and then a little info on how you spent it or plan to spend it?

For example, "Thank you ____ for your kind gift! It will come in handy when we choose our stroller," or "Thank you for your thoughtfulness. The money you gave us helped us buy the crib I've had my eye on! I would never have been able to do it without you."
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• are you going to use the money for one specific thing? is it just going to be held for emergancys? We told everyone who gave us giftcards to one specific store we were buying a crib, but that only ended up taking about half the giftcards. The rest was spent on little stuff, like diapers, wipes, socks, sheets, ect. However you plan to spend it, let them know, then they will feel like their money went to a good purpose.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 6:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• for everyone who pitched in with money, u can write them all similar cards that say something like "thank you for the generous donation!"
    because it was pretty much them donating money for your baby as a gift.
    AmandaLeeds

Answer by AmandaLeeds at 3:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2009