Psychics?

I know the Bible says to stay away from prophets and psychics. But, the 700 Club came on this morning while I was getting my daughter and sister ready. This woman was asking for prayer and someone in the audience was praying for her. Well, the lady in the audience was say how she saw this happening and saw that happening and the woman kept saying those things happened. Isn't that a form of being psychic? I mean, she had seen things that had happened to this woman.

How does that work if a psychic is suppose to be against God?

(hopefully that made sense. I wanted to ask this after i saw it but we had an appointment to go to.)

MommyLee08

Asked by MommyLee08 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Does it amaze anyone else that the bible says to stay away from Prophets and then half the book is about them??
    Anonymous

• A bit but that has nothing to do with my question.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I know the Bible says to stay away from prophets and psychics
    ----------------------------------
    The Bible speaks against FALSE prophets and all psychics. What you just describes sounds suspiciously to me. These days churches are accepting a lot of beliefs that are contrary to the Bible, so this doesn't surprise me.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I had a real one. She did not want my money. I went for a tarot reading for ten dollars. But then she told me she got a name Nick and she said someone was going to steal money from me, with papers involved. She told me so many things from my past too .Fastforward 9 years later. My uncle Nick died. A cop named Nick helped me with my identity theft and they found my ss on my paperwork and used it against me. So I know it is wrong but yes I believe in them . They are real. There are fakes everywhere, but this lady was the real deal!
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• there is a difference between psychics and prophets. and God uses prophets. we are to stay away from and be aware of false prophets. if someone comes saying something and it doesn't line up with God's word... false prophet. also, when somone says they're a prophet it's usually a confirmation and God will show you by His Spirit the truth.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The bible does talk about having dreams and visions and it's not a bad thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Ok, what about the whole book of revelation. That is nothing more then a re-telling of a pre-cognitive dream. And prophets are NOTHING more then glorified psychics. The info comes from the same source. Whether you believe it or not.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• READ 1 CORN 12:1-11 Which speaks specifically regarding the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The difference is this -- PHYSICS ARE OF THE OCCULT. The occult is very real in the spiritual realm as is the HOLY SPIRIT. Now the PSYCHIC/OCCULT was in practice even in the OT times. Remember the witch of Endor and King Saul going to her? THE HOLY SPIRIT IS OF GOD AND HE SHOWS UP AS GOD DEEMS NOT ON QUE PER SE.

I personally have experienced the Holy Spirit giving me visions, prophecy and words of knowledge. You do NOT go into some kind of trance and it only brings glory to God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It usually occurs when God is trying to reach someone and really get their attention, so to speak, either for comfort, guidance, etc. It's a blessing and honor when it occurs, but as it states IT IS A GIFT, not an on/off switch.

Hope this helps......

wvwoodsartscraf

Answer by wvwoodsartscraf at 9:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My suspician is that they are defining a a psychic as someone who gets visions from someone other than God. And a prophet as someone with special knowledge from God. This tends to be in the more charismatic Chrisitan community. I don't believe in either. God has already spoken through the word and He is not a respector of persons, He doesn't give special knowledge to some and not to others.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• There is a difference between speaking a prophetic word and a psychic word.
    I have the gift of prophecy... meaning I speak uplifting words and encouraging words that point people to Jesus Christ.
    Psychics do not do that period. That is how you can tell the difference.

Yes God can use people to say this and that happened but it must encourage and not tear down. I'd like to ask you if you remember exactly what she said and perhaps I can go on the tbn site and find the show and watch it myself... I can tell you if it was from God or not. I do not watch 700 Club because I do not agree with many of the preachers on there.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009