Period Help! Has this happened to you?

So I started my period today, and it's been extremely heavy, not painful though, just very heavy.. and Ive been extremely white as a ghost and feeling really off.. should i check in with my doctor, or could this be normal? My skin has never been so pale looking, I'm a little nervous, any one else had this? Thanks A lot..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Health

• One thing to keep in mind is when you are on your period, you are not really bleeding...the lining of the uterus has been building up blood and when you menstrate, it is shedding the blood that it will not use. If you are having this symptom, it is not a result of blood loss but may be a symptom of menstrating or iron defficiency.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• If your skin is pale, you may be losing too much blood and it can get dangerous. If your doctor has an answering service you should call them. If not I would go somewhere to get checked.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I was going to say lack of iron to but the first poster beat me to it. BTW? The first poster is correct 100%
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Its normal!
    When i was around 13-15 yrs old, whenever i got my period, usually i would bleed heavy, and my skin would look pale and i think from my hormones i would just get very nervious.
    I dunno what it was, but when my period came all of a sudden my whole body felt so stressed out, i would slighty shake even like trmbling. After a while that went away. I did help me some if I took Pamprin - even if i didnt have cramps.

And i see some people say its lack or iron, which i havent heard, but would make total sence because i was also diagosed with Anemia in high school, which is caused from lack of iron.
    You can take iron suppliments from the store, they can be big pills but it will help with your iron in the blood and you wont have as thin of blood as u might have (if you are anemic, your blood will be very thin, and they will not preform surgery on you if needed unless u thicken up your blood)
    AmandaLeeds

Answer by AmandaLeeds at 3:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2009