Sex Question

I'm having a problem. The only time I will have sex with my DH is when I am on my period. The blood really turns me on and the stickiness reallymakes me feel more connected. He hates it, so we rarely have sex, what can I do about this? I am on my period right now and I really want him to have sex with me cause it just turns me on and makes me so horny to think about it. Got any ideas, or is there something wrong with me?

momofsix519

Asked by momofsix519 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I think somethings wrong with you.
    Anonymous

• ive heard some women are extra horny during their period because of the hormone changes. try having sex in the shower, your flow will stop so the blood won't gross him out.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• if you like the extra wetness try a lube. astroglide is really good and slippery and not sticky too much like KY. my husband wont do anything while I'm on the period and I get horny too but I think its cause we have to wait so long until its over, cause i dont like to do it either cause its so messy and nasty. but I've heard women get horny when they have their period because they are close to ovulating and the extra hormones are being released and make you more attracted to the smell of your partner and makes you want to mate with them.

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 6:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't say there's anything "wrong" with you but it is a lil odd and I can see where he's coming from! Maybe he will let you in the shower so he doesn't feel as grossed out. But seriously, it is a lil off to withhold sex until your period, he's your husband, give him what he's entitled to every once in a while!
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I get like that. There is nothing wrong with you. If dh doesn't like it then he should use a condom but he needs to be a man and step up to the plate

Answer by admckenzie at 6:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Wow, first I have to say that you are braver than me because I would've gone Anon on this one....

Second, I do think it's a bit odd, but, hey, to each his own.....I would say you have to compromise and if you want him to have sex with you while you are on your period then you have to have sex with him while you are off of it. I would try to accomodate him as much as possible and allow him to use condoms, do it in the shower, or on one of your light days......but honestly, if he doesn't want to, you have to drop it. ( I don't know what to tell you to do other than that.) Imagine how you would feel if he only wanted to have sex with you in a way that you absolutely hated.....
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 6:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• it's one thing to be hornier while on the rag but be turned on cause of the blood and the stickiness then i would say that is weird. i get horny when on the rag and my huisband doesn't care but it's not the blood that actually turns me. from what you wrote i got the imporession for it's the blood and not that time of the month. i would call it a weird fetich and i think it's normal to have those. although i think you'd have to respect your husbands wishes and maybe just use a vib to get you off. also you can't hold out on sex until that time comes around again. i mean for men sex
    = loves or intamacy. he needs to have sex to feel those things. for us it's not the case. so i think you should give you husband more sex on his terms, his emotional terms. thats harder for anyone emotionally to deal with then just being horny.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Use a cheap lube to get that sticky feeling you like so well. maybe that will help?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I find it a little odd that the blood turns you on but a lot of women get horny during their periods from the extra hormones. If your hubby doesn't like it you should maybe get a toy or something to please yourself instead of him trying to enjoy sex while being grossed out at the same time. My hubby doesn't even ask about doing it while I'm on my period it is dirty and gross to the both of us but you could always try in the shower and see if he would go for it then because it wont be so messy. Well good luck I hope you two figure something out soon a good relationship needs some enjoyable sex. By the way maybe try some kind of sticky lube like Vaseline or something.
    stephfrantz

Answer by stephfrantz at 8:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• A lot of people dont know this, but its a SIN to have sex while on your period. No kidding, check Leviticus chapter 18, it lists everyone yur not suppose to have sex with, one of them says not to have sexual relations durin the uncleaness of that time of the month - SOMETHING like that.
    Anyhoo, you might want to stop having sex on yur period - YOU might be horny but it is simply discgusting to force yur man to only have sex with you while bleeding profusely from the place his penis would go!
    You shoud try heated KY jelly while NOT on yur period, just add it to yurself and maybe it will feel like it does on yur period, except it wont be yucky blood.
    BTW you probably should have asked that question anonomously, its kinda yucky! :)
    AmandaLeeds

Answer by AmandaLeeds at 3:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2009