baby's belly button

my newborn's belly button fell off last week sometime and monday he will be 3 weeks old. I just changed his diaper a little bit ago and yellow stuff was coming out of his belly button and that was the first time it's happened and it does not have a smell. I put peroxide on it with a q-tip to clean it up and then dried it with a towel. he's gonna wake up soon to eat so I will change his diaper again and check it. but I was just wondering if anyone knows what it is or if your baby's belly button did that? I will call the doctor if its still coming out when I check it again.

charrenee

Asked by charrenee at 6:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the doctor told me if anything comes out of my babys belly button to call or come in. I would call just to make sure
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I would call just to make sure, but odds are it is just healing. The same thing happened to my baby and at the ER they told us he was just healing and to wipe it with rubbing alcohol swabs we got from the hospital before we took him home. We did this, and it healed within days.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• If it came off to early due to it getting rubbed off it will ooze a little bit and thats normal. Call the Dr just to be safe.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• This is normal. It is just healing. Wipe it with alchol a couple times a day until it is all healed up!
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 9:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• ok thanks. there was nothing else that came out anymore just that one time and ive been cleaning it with peroxide and alcohol too
    charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 1:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yeah, Wes did that too...they said it was normal. Just keep cleaning it, it will stop soon. Just part of the healing.
    Weesmom

Answer by Weesmom at 8:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2009