If Republicans want you to 'die quickly', then . . .

What does it say that Democrats don't think you deserve the health care they are pushing until you have paid four years worth of it first? Another answer on this board got me thinking, and it seems as though the Lib that spoke up and said that Reps want you to not get sick and if you do get sick then die quickly hasn't processes that plenty more will die (probably more since they will be required to pay for health insurance they can't afford instead of buying OTC drugs to treat themselves) before the Dem plan goes into effect.
So aren't the dems just saying 'don't die until you have finished paying four years of health costs without receiving benefits'?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ummm ... it isn't an "argument - it's a fact. The health care bill is written to start collecting its increased taxes and schedule of fees immediately.

BUT no health insurance coverage will start until 2013. That's - as the above question mentions - four years from now.

I, too, have been flummoxed by the defenders of this bill (whether politicians or private citizens) who rail that we MUST do this immediately to alleviate all the suffering ... but they don't realize - or else they are covering up - that NO alleviation from THIS bill could begin until 2013 !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Its not about providing healthcare to the libs in congress and the whitehouse. Its about culling society.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• You are basing this argument on the ramblings of a far left wing Congressman doing his Saul Alinsky act on the House floor. I'm a conservative republican. I know the difference between a whiner and a plank in the opposing party's platform. He is a blow hard. Did anyone really take his comments seriously. I just found them absurd to the point of ridiculous.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• When is everybody going to get it. Both parities are playng games at our expense.I have followed politics for years and what is happening now is nothing new. Big deal the Democrats get voted out in 2012. The Republicans just got voted out in 2006. It doesn't matter. Our system is broken because we have sat back on our butts, when everything was going great for people they could have cared less about the government. The only good thing to come from the economic 911 is that finally citizens are getting involved as its suppose to be. That being said those citizens need to educate themselves on what is going on before opening their mouths. Quit listening to 2 minute segments on the far left and right who are only interested in ratings. Get real.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• That's a funny question, lol

From my understanding the health care bill has less to do with healthcare and more to do with getting rid of that pesky constitution thingy.
    Check out this web site from a retired constitutional lawyer.
    http://michaelconnelly.viviti.com/
    Anonymous

• Ummm ... it isn't an "argument - it's a fact.

Arugment as in debate. I was talking about her using the Congressman's bashing and insults as a basis for debate. I say - defeat the damn thing and never, ever bring it up again. This is the second time (Hilary-care was the first.) I just don't know that this is solid ground for a debate. Debate the UHC bill until the cows come home. It needs to be argued and debated.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Waldorf got what I was saying. I am perplexed by the fact that this again is one of those 'we have to do it now, the time is now, this cannot wait' (just like the stimulus), yet we will not benefit from it for four years, at the soonest. Rather I would think that the gov. is so friggin' broke that they really need the interest free loan of taxpayer money to spend because Chine has done dried up their our line of credit. No country in their right mind would lend to us, when we are all to happy to lend it out to other countries that have no intention and no real possible way of paying us back. It is not an emergency if it isn't happening for 4 years.

I did watch the clip of the congressman and it seems that he operates under the old 'he who speaks loudest, wins' process. He says Republicans don't have a plan, but it's clear that he hasn't taken the time to read their ideas. He is a fringe idiot.

Anonymous

• Whatever it was the Democrats that wrote all that frequent end-of-life counseling being required to get people to sign more pull-the-plug orders right then and there without first consulting their families or lawyers.

....last I heard they took that out of the bill because all the heat they were getting from it. Kind of silly for that congressman to accuse the Republicans of what the Democrats had (with much embarrassment and political pressure) just scratched out.
    Anonymous

• Pelosi just said on Greta that she will not ask for the Congressman to apologize for accusing the republican members of causing a Holocaust. She also said, and I had to chuckle, that this is just like the republicans to demand an apology for a democrat just calling it like he sees it. HA! Can you say JOE WILSON Madam Speaker? He just called it as he saw it, but you almost popped your botox demanding an apology. And then she said the republicans have no plan which is a huge lie. There is a plan and she refuses to allow it to be presented on the floor. That way she can "claim" there is no plan. The double standard is almost sickening.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• it's not UHC, and the Clinton administration wasn't the first time
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2009