Do you beleive in Vaccinations for your Children?

I posted a heated Debate about Vaccinations, on the side that I believe they are very harful and have many adverse reactions.

Without posting HATE messages towards ANYONE, I would like to hear your reasonings for either choosing to immunize your children, or choosing not to.

Personally, I believe my daughter is much safer without Vaccinations, so far she is healthier than the healthiest horse.

What's your side?

AmandaLeeds

Asked by AmandaLeeds at 6:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Health

• Some immunizations are good given at the right times for most people.

Women should have a rubella immunization before getting pregnant. Rubella still exists and the birth defects that babies have if a woman gets rubella are horrific. It is a lower risk immunization for side effects.

Tetnus can exist in soil for decades. Tetnus is still fatal. It is a good immunization for kids to get.

Mumps can be bad for men. It's something teen boys might want to get.

The benefits of each immunization should be considered. I think if you aren't going to immunize your child at all you shouldn't send them to school, day care, or any other place where they are around groups of children.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Vaccinations can protect against horrific and fatal illnesses. I choose to vaccinate my children as the NHS and our medical staff reccomend that.

They are more qualified in this field than i am. Why wouldnt i trust their judgement in favour of some stuff i found on google?!
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 7:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I am not trying to debate, but I would like to add there there are also harful side-effects to the Rubella vaccine.

In a study of adult women who were vaccinated against Rubella, 55% developed arthritis or joint pain within for weeks.
    Source: Annals of the Rheumatic Disease 1986; 45:110-114.

Cases of Congenital Rubella Syndrome (CRS) increased after the Rubella vaccine was introduced.
    Source: CDC. MMWR (October 25, 1996).

In the United States, from 1990 to 1999 (a 10-year period), there were a total of 473 cases of tetanus-an average of 47 cases per year. Of these, 70 died-about seven per year. The case-fatality rate was 15%.
    Source: CDC. MMWR 1999; 48(No. 53): 84-90.

Symptoms of Mumps is usually fever, headach, and swelling around the jaw and sometime reproductive organs.
    Treatment is seldome needed, and symptoms usually disappear within a week.
    Best "treatment" for Mumps is to just let it run its cour
    AmandaLeeds

Answer by AmandaLeeds at 7:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• And why is it that unvaccinated kids should stay away from society?
    Shouldn't every American have the freedome to choose what vaccinations they want or don't want in their bodies?
    It doesn't seem fair not to let those kids in public school.
    There is such thing as freedom to religion, and there are a lot of religios beliefs against getting vaccinated.
    (Such as if the poisons alter a child's state of mind, like become Autistic [Although it still is not all the way clear if there is a link between Autism and Vaccinations, even though studues are beginning to be able to link them] could keep a child from having a proper relationship with God.

Also, because abortion can be a religious point of view - the fact that some Vaccines are made with aborted fetal tissue, some people do not want vaccines because of that.

And also, for those who are Vegan, most vaccines are made from Animal parts (Chick embryos, Monkey kidneys).
    Anonymous

• If your children do not get any vaccinations they can catch diseases and have many permanent effects-deafness, the risk of shingles later in life if they get chicken pox, whooping cough -they cough so hard they can damage their throats and have permanent nerve damage of the vocal chords.POLIO---you really need to get them the polio vaccine because even the most healthy people got polio in the 1950's during the big epidemic and became paralyzed for life or died. Really,we don't need more epidemics of any childhood diseases. Being healthy does not mean they won't get any of those diseases. But, do keep them home,away from the public if they don't have vaccinations or they are going to catch something,sometime.
    Anonymous

• It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I do not believe in Vaccines myself, I've known actually a couple seperate familes that had children havig crazy reactions to the vaccinations. I do beleive there is a link to Autism from vaccines, there is al ot of recent studies proving this to become fact.

I do think that if people decide they would rather vaccinate their kids, a delayed schedule would be best idea like rkoloms has stated.

At least if you delay the vaccines it helps your baby build up immunities, because we know usually the vaccines are made from the disease they are suppose to prevent, along with gross animal parts and other preservitives.

I know the new swine flu vaccine was made in catapiller embryos or something like that, I know def, it's made from Catapiller.
    all parents hould at least look up pros and cons before vaccinating, just my opinion.
    Anonymous