Am i the only person here who ...

would NOT leave her husband for first offense of adultery?

He's never cheated on me and i dont foresee it ever being a problem. But i know that if he ever did i would not leave him. We would need counseling and it would be difficult (very difficult) but it would not be over (unless that was his choice). If it happened a second time (after the counseling) then yes, we would probably divorce ...but never for a first offense. Everyone makes mistakes (even big ones).

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 7:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I spent a weekend with an old boyfriend early in my marriage. I told my husband soon after and never did anything like that again. I think my husband knew it was like getting him out of my system. We were married for 7 years and our divorce had nothing to do with that. We didn't have any trust issues. I think he trusted me more after. It was the 70s so culture was a little different.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Wait until that happens before you say NEVER...My dh only kissed someone else and I filed for divorce...it took many months before I could stand being around him...If he had ever went further, we would be divorced today.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i would hope u wouldn't leave him since studies show men cheat bc of the wife so it's just as much your fault as his. Basically wives make men cheat so it makes no sense 2 leave him when he does.
    Anonymous

• No, I would not leave him even if it was more than once, unless it was happening on a daily bases
    Dietzi

Answer by Dietzi at 7:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Sorry, but my trust in him would be gone and something like that NEVER returns no matter how much therapy you have. There would ALWAYS be that thought in the back of my mind that he was off doing something with someone else and I just couldn't live like that.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• What the hell it's the wife's fault that the man cheats. What a bunch of bull, did your husband tell you that? To any woman thats been cheated on IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. Don't listen to woman hating women. UGH that makes me so mad.
    mommix4

Answer by mommix4 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i reallllllly dont think its fair to say 'wives drive men to cheat'
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• "What the hell it's the wife's fault that the man cheats. What a bunch of bull, did your husband tell you that? To any woman thats been cheated on IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. Don't listen to woman hating women. UGH that makes me so mad."

I agree...a man has complete control of his dick, it doesn't randomly run into strange pussies!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Wives make men cheat. What an awful thing to say. Men cheat because they are men.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• If it was a one time thing, like a one night stand I could possibly work through that. If it was a full blown affair, then no absolutely not.
    I disagree that everyone makes mistakes. I would never put myself in a situation where I could possibly cheat on my spouse. I expect that of my dh too.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2009