protein and blood in my urine?

I am 30 weeks and went to my 2 week check up and was told I have blood and protein in my urine..my blood pressure was elevated, not really high, but high for me. 2 weeks ago it was 96/64 and today it was 125/79. Anyone have this happen or know what it could be? Thanks!

jennybear2383

Asked by jennybear2383 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• UTI
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• this happened to me when i was 38 wks pregnant but no blood in my urine and i was told to go imediatley to the delivery room... i was retaining water and protein in my urine also my bp was really high.. my doctor explained that the baby couldn't be in my belly anymore because theire was a chance she might stop breathing... doon't mean to scare you but good luck...
    Anonymous

• I didnt have blood in my urine but did have protein. It could lead to pre-eclampsia, which could be bad for the baby cause your blood pressure goes up and it stresses the baby out. It usually comes from stress and my doctor said for me to just lay down like all the time and not excercise anymore cause it makes your body work harder. It went away when i quit working but when I was 37 weeks it came back and when i went for my check up the my bp was really high so they did a c-section and took out my baby. we were both fine and the only way to cure pre-eclampsia is to have the baby. So just dont be stressed out and relax and it should go away.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• could it still be pre-eclampsia even though my blood pressure isn't really high? I mean it is higher than my usual, but not high in general.
    jennybear2383

Answer by jennybear2383 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2009