Someone tell me the truth

I am getting an iud put in tomorrow because with my postpartum depression it is the best form of bc (but clearly not my first choice) I have heard whispers of it being painful and when the nurse called to confirm she said take a few ibuprofen before the appointment. So how bad is it really? How bad does it REALLY hurt and will it hurt more because my only child was cesarean and not vaginal?

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 7:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Health

• As long as you know it is an abortifacient. Just thought I'd let you know, because no one told me when I used it. And to answer your question. No it did not hurt.
    Anonymous

• Don't get it if you don't want it. Condoms and foam are just as effective.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Mine didn't hurt much at all. It was like a pap smear with a few tinges when they actually inserted it. I did have light cramping for a couple of days. I didn't even need tylanol.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• it hurt a little, but it wasnt that bad, if you take some ibuprofen it wont be bad at all
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• **twinges
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• hate condoms, and my doctor told me it does not cause abortions it creates a hostile environment for sperm
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Just a little irritating but didn't hurt. Loved my iud. I had it in for 5 years and when I was ready to have another baby, I just went in and got it out and that didn't hurt either. Just remember, everyone has a horror story about everything. Don't listen.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• yeah i just talked to my doctor about it today for after delivery and she said i may experience some cramping afterward, but she said it should like nothing for me since i would have just had a baby... if your scared and you really want it, just take the ibuporfen...no big deal! :] good luck
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Mine hurt that night, but like medium to heavy period cramps. The next day it was fine.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 8:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• when my was put in it felt really uncomfortable. Like scraping, so it IS much like a paps. I did also have cramping the following days, but nothing intolerable.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2009