Whats the difference between a Christian, and a Jehovah witness?

first off- I am not trying to cause conflict :)

I am a christian, and I'm curious what the difference is. I had a friend told me once, that one of the differences was Jehovah's don't believe in heaven. If thats true, then do they not go by the Bible? I'm honestly curious, and don't want to offend anyone. Thanks! ( I'm sure there will be a tons of responses, lol)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christians are sane and JW are crazy as june bugs
    Anonymous

• A Jehovah Witness is a Christian, not all Christians are Jehovah Witnesses. They believe that after the current world order is destroyed at Armageddon, surviving righteous Jehovah's Witnesses and resurrected individuals will have the opportunity to live forever in an earthly paradise, ruled by Christ and 144,000 humans will be raised to heaven.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• JW's are Christian just like Catholics are Christian. They just believe things a little differently than some other Christians.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Christian is a broad term to describe those that believe In Jesus Christ. JW's are a specific denomination. Whether you agree with their teachings or not is irrelevant. They ARE considered Christians.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Okay, let me be more specific... Christians being people who are following the Bible, I am non-denominational I prefer to go strictly by the word, so thats where I am coming from.
    Anonymous

• what I don't get if only 144,000 of them are getting into heaven then why the hell are they trying so hard to convert the rest of us? Its like this if you knew wal-mart was giving away 100 tvs starting at 6am tomorrow would you go around telling the whole world? hell no! you'd want that good shit fory you and your friends and family.
    oh and they do not celebrate Holidays and birthdays, sorry but any religion that takes my birthday cake away is just not for me...and this is my own personal opinion btw its not meant to offend anyone
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 8:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• JW"s follow the Bible, they just interpret it differently! YOUR way is not the ONLY way!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Calm down Kirstis11384 .... I told you where I was coming from, I was not bashing you. If you want to make something out of nothing, go cause drama some where else. You have respsonded 2 times, and didn't even answer me. Like I said before, I was curious what the difference was.
    Anonymous

• I don't know all the intricacies of JW beliefs, but I was under the impression they followed the Bible too. However, I'm not a believer in the non-denom "sola scriptura" ideas either so maybe I can't answer properly. But they do follow the Bible and I understand that their Bible is actually more accurate.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• How did I not answer you? I outlined not only what a Christian is (believer in Christ) but that JW's are a specific denomination of Christian.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2009