is it true when they say.....? plz leave comments

my mum has this idea that different movement of the baby indicates weather its a girl or a boy........not just my mum but pretty much most of our family and friends.
they say that a girl tends to curl herself and make that area of ur area really hard.....boys on the other hand they say seem to move around alot more and there the punching, kicking etc which makes ur belly move around like jelly!!! i am experiencing the jelly like motion and the technician told my hubby that it is a boy (except my mum doesn't know....we want it to be a suprise for every1 else)....
so could this old wives tale be true?...................what was ur experience?

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your mom was right we wouldn't need expensive ultrasound machines!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Gosh I dont know. I just got an ultrasound and they said i was having a boy both times and both times they were right! I also tried intelligender and it was right as well.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I have never heard this before. I don't put much into any of those old wives tales, but my son was all over the place when I was pregnant with him. So who knows.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My DD moved like crazy my whole pregnancy...kicking, punching, rolling....and she's 16 mos and alllll girl!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• to gailll:
    i haven't suggested that u come to my mum for determining the sex of the baby.....so ur reply does not answer my question........its just many old wives tales are true.....my question is and was.....what other ppl's experiences were
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• my son didnt move around at all, he stayed curled up in the side of my belly by my ribs the whole time and my DD stayed in the bottom of my belly and kicked me all the time, seemed like she never rested
    Anonymous

• my daughter moved ALOT... kicks punches etc. so, no. Its just an old wives tale.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 8:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• my DD was more active than both of my DS. she's still a little wild child at 8!

Ignore Gaill- she's been in a mood all day, and several of her posts have been um, twitchy... early menopause maybe? lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• thanks obbyDobbie :)
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My son was very active during pregnancy, I could sit and watch my stomach move for most of the day if I'd had the time. My daughter, though, was even more active, which I didn't think was possible, but she was. So in my experience, not true. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2009