frustrated with my cat

she is 6 yrs old going on 7 and she has been an awesome cat until recently she has been going potty all over the house evn though her litter box is completely clean with fresh litter i dont understand why she isnt going in it....this cat was my baby before i ahd kids and she adjusted very well to them after they were born...but now it seems she is rebelling against me and i am frustrated...her box is currently sitting in a corner where her food and water is but its far enough away where no litter can get into it....i thought about moving it but my family pitches a fit when i do....we have three other cats in the house as well and no one ever cleans theirs and i dont do it because those cats arent my responsibility MY cat is so i clean her box buy her litter and buy her own food so my parents are not providing for my cat i am...but i am wondering if this has something to do with why she thinks is ok to go everywhere..any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pets

• UTI?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• A cat with a urinary tract infection typically will run around the house and try to go all the time. But as you are thinking, they can use not only urinating but #2 as a way to protest. You may want to take her to the vet to find out if she is sick. UTI's or crystals in the bladder are very painful.

Answer by Bmat at 8:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I would take her in and get them to check her urine. It could be something as simple as a bladder infection or it could be more then that. My cat April started peeing all over the house and it turned out she was producing to many struvite chrystals in her urine which can be painful. April could not help it. The only thtype of treatment for that was a special urinary diet but it did the trick. Another possiblity is behavoral but i would have her checked by the vet first.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• You should take her to the vet. This can be a sign of a UTI or even renal failure. Take her as soon as possible. Make sure the other cats are not using her box. As a general rule, it's a good idea to have one litter box for every two cats you own. Good luck! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I agree with the others, take her to the vet. My cat Hershey was peeing all over my house (we had just adopted him from the pound) and I took him in and he had a bladder/kidney infection. Cats are also picky about their boxes, maybe she does not like the brand of litter, where the box is placed, or maybe the box itself. My vet gave me a pamplet about the 'fastidious feline' and it talked about cats litter box preferences.
    You also might want to move the box away from the food and put it in a different area. Maybe she does not like pottying in the same area as her food.
    Good luck
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I hope you find what is her Deal! Please be patient! Find out her issue! I hope it gets taken care of! If you've had her this long & is a good Cat. Her doing this has to be a good reason for! Unless you did something to pee' her off!? Seriously I have A siamese. When she's peed' off she does get Even! But maybe this is Rare! My Stinkie, Siamese has gone as far as peeing on my DH twice when she was Mad at him! Or even his Clothes! She gets naughty if she's provoked! Funny of her! Yet Wrong!! But Cats can act up & out if their Ill? Like a UTI?? Or another issue? Did you change her food Etc..? Mind you my Stinkie is 12. She's gotten over her Naughty days! Plus she won't get peed' off anymore!! I remind DH when he teases her she's Fat. She gets mad & growls at him back! I say don't tease her she'll get Even!! Cats Got to Love them! They stand up for themselves! Well mine do! She hates being called Fat! Truthfully!! Good Luck!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Many already answered. Its possible your kitty doesnt feel well time to visit the vet!
    iluv2meow

Answer by iluv2meow at 12:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You may think the litter box is far enough away from her food and water but she doesn't and she is trying to tell you. I also had this problem out of ignorance. Move her food and water to another room entirely.
    Anonymous

• OP here: ty for all the responces....unforantly i dont have the money to get her checked out i wish i could fit it into my budget but i jsut cant :( the thing with her box and her food though is she has eaten in the same spot for over a yr i havent changed anything but i guess its time for a change...i am just not sure where to put her box so i dont have the other three cats using it...i got some different litter at walmart today so i hope that this will make her go in it.... the thing is she is not peeing on the floors that ihave seen she may be but i havent noticed anything in her box or any urine smell.....she is just pooping everywhere!
    Anonymous