Is it normal to bleed like a menstrual cycle when you just found out your pregnant?

I just found out on monday I'm pregnant....however today thursday I'm bleeding like I have my period. Is that normal? How much is too much? Could this mean I've already had a miscarriage? Should I take another test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is the blood flow medium to heavy, red in color? Or is it more spotty and brownish? If it's the spotty and brown type, it's probably old blood. If it's red, it could be a problem. Either way, contact your OB/GYN tomorrow.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 8:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Definitely call. There's such thing as implantation bleeding, but if you're bleeding a lot, it could be a sign of something else: miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, etc. DO NOT freak out just yet, you never know.

Red flags: Go to the ER immediately if you soak more than a pad an hour or have severe abdominal pain.

On that note (sorry), just take it easy, stay hydrated and call your doctor. I have heard some women keep having menstural like bleeding for a while after they get pregnant, so you never know.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 9:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Some women have normal periods throughout their pregnancy. Make the appt to see your OB. They will be able to check the baby with an ultrasound.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2009