Tummy trouble

Ok ladies my almost 7 week old has been having trouble with pooping. For the past few weeks he is not going on his own. He is breastfed. Stimulation is no longer working and I hate to give him a suppository (which has worked every time so far). When it has been 4-5 days and he is really fussy I can tell he really needs to go. I think he may be having some issues. When I do get him to go it is not hard, so he is not "considered" constipated. I feel bad for him but I don't know what to do! Please help!

Jessycwr

Asked by Jessycwr at 8:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Health

• A gentle massage should help. arms, legs back. Also ask your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Is he taking vitamins with iron? The iron can do it.

Maybe you could try putting him in squatting position to let gravity help. Kind of bounce him up and down.

Poor little guy. Watch out when it comes!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• He is not taking anything but my breast milk. I think my vitamin has Iron in it.

Yep, when I finally get him to go, he goes and goes.
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 12:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Your baby sounds normal. It is not unusual for a baby who only gets breastmilk to go 7-10 days without a bowel movement. Breastmilk has very little waste. And yes, when they "go", there can be a lot!!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2009