Guestimate anyone?

My due date is October 16th. This is my first baby but it seems to me like I'm taking giant leaps toward labor almost daily. At my Dr's appt yesterday I was 1 cm dialated and 75% effaced. And today, my baby decided it was time to turn perfectly anterior, so she is lined up perfect for labor right this second.
I have not lost even a smidgeon of my mucous plug but I have a feeling it's going to come out all at once. Can anyone take a guess as to when I might go into labor? I realize this is just a guessing game but with 2 weeks left I'm getting excited!!

momma_shuler

Asked by momma_shuler at 8:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dont get too excited. you COULD go early, but you could be dilated for what seems like forever, unfortunately.
    Good thing is, though, youre on your way, and most likely by your due date, it will be smooth sailing, since your body has had time to ease into the process. Your baby is healthy and to term at this point, so youre in a good position. good luck!
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 10:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i will guess october 23, because 41 weeks is pretty normal for a first time mom, and i went into labor at 41 weeks. of course anytime in the next few weeks we be normal! good luck :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• There's really no telling. I'm due the 16th with my third and have no clue as to when this baby is going to come. When my daughter (my first) I was 2 cm and 50% effaced at 36 weeks and she came on her due date.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• You're lucky if you go in early lol I was due yesterday and i went to the doctor's monday and i wasn't dilated.. So who knows when i'll get to go lol.. Good Luck and my boyfriends cousin had her first baby almost a week early and she was dilated at 38 weeks also so maybe you'll be in the same boat. =)
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• There is a full moon on Sunday, alot of women go into labor around the full moon, so maybe.....????
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 10:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Haha, thank you mommies! All of your answers make me happy. And I've heard about the full moon thing, the tides and lunar pull and what not. Everyone pray for sunday!
    Although...my 21st birthday is wednesday and I'm pretty sure I'd rather be really pregnant than really sore and recovering on my b-day...
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 11:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2009