Do you still have your natural hair color? If not, why did you dye it in the first place? Just curious.

I still have mine. Have wanted to highlight it but never want to dye any other color.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 8:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I've highlighed my hair but never dyed it. I've had my natural color in for 2 years now, and thinking of highlighting again....we shall see. I'd rather spend the $150 on clothes for my son or toys or something else!
    Anonymous

• I started dying my hair when I was 13. I'll be 20 in 2 weeks. Right now, it's red. I've kept it red for the most part over the past 7 years, but I've had it black and brown, too. Naturally, it's almost platinum blonde. I've only had it back to my natural color twice since I started dying it. The first color I put on it was a darker blonde, then a reddish blonde. I hate having blonde hair. My eyebrows are dark blonde/light brown, so it looks funny, plus where I'm so pale I look washed out. I have a ton of freckles, too. Everybody has told me that certain shades of red look more natural on me than blonde or light brown, and it's my favorite color to have my hair (and hubby's favorite, too). Also, I started dying it around that time when it seemed like EVERY girl out there wanted to be blonde, and everyone thought mine was fake, since all the women in my family have dark roots. Don't know why, but we do from birth on.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I still have my natural hair color ---- but not 'naturally'.

I inhereted the "grey haired old lady" gene from my dad. My brother was COMPLETELY grey-headed by the time he was 30.

I'm 32... and I'm not THAT bad... but I'd say it's about 80/20... so I dye it my "natural" color every so often.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I've been a natural redhead all my life, thanks Dad!! I highlighted my hair once and liked it, but money's too tight for me to have an extravagance like that now.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i have colored/highlighted/bleached/everything to my hair since age 14. i'm 40 now. i've been 'close' to my natural a couple times, but i've never had 'virgin' hair since age 14.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I highlighted my hair once and then had it colored back to its normal color 6yrs ago and have never touched the color since then. I love my hair color, it isn't a color you can get from a box.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• When I was 15, I think I had some sort of hormonal surge. My hair darkened 2 or 3 shades and left me with an actual line that grew down my hair. People assumed that I had bleached it once and then never did the roots. LOL It was bad. So from that day on I've always colored my hair. Plus I like to play with color. I've been blonde, brunette, and red.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• It is now, simply because I don't leave the house and have become one of those women that just doesn't care what she looks like. But I am desperately trying to work on that. And I do plan on dyeing my hair soon! My natrual hair color is just horrid! It's kinds brown, kinda red, kinda grey... all drab! I usually color my hair Egyptian Plum which is a brighter reder nutmeggy color than my own.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• All women love talking about their hair! lol

I have my natural hair color and love it! Its brown mixed with auburn and dont hate me, but, my friends envy my natural highlights! I have gotten funny looks from hair dressers because they think my highlights are colored. lol I have used Infusium products for years. I have found a couple of greys popping up,......oh boy. If the grays get to be too much then I will probably color my hair more auburn. Fun question! Thanks.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yes
    deedon

Answer by deedon at 9:48 AM on Oct. 3, 2009