contractions at 22 weeks??

So i am unsure if these are BH contraction or not the thing that bothers me is that the past couple mornings ive been waking up with them and i have them randomly threw out the day is this normal???I wanted to mention they are also pretty painful.

ashleykilleen

Asked by ashleykilleen at 8:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• BH's can be painless, painful, or somewhere in between. The best thing to do is take it easy when you get them. If you're sitting, start to walk. If you're walking, sit down. If they happen right after sex, you might want to think of having sex before bed so you can sleep them off (I did, lol).

If they become regular, or you have more than 4 in one hour, then call your L&D, since you're only 22 weeks.

However, I promise, promise, promise, that tons of women get BH's at 22 weeks and earlier.

Oh, one thing I'd like to add, make sure you are hydrated! That'll help a bunch as well.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 9:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Braxton-Hicks contractions can start I believe as early as 20 weeks. It could also be dehydration. Drink a lot of water and gatorade. If, after drinking a bit, they relax, it may just be cramping from dehydration. Either way, make sure to relax when it's happening :)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2009