Are you in a Inter-Religious relationship???

What 2 religions and how hard is it for you to deal with???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My mother is a Christian and my father is Muslim...They have been married for 35 years!
    Anonymous

• I am Buddhist.

My husband is of the "I believe in a higher power, but I don't pretend to know what that is & the Bible is crap" breed.

We have no problems.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• when we first started dating, yeah. he was wiccan and i was pentecostal ( i was in a rebellious stage) after dating for a couple months, he visited my church and felt the power of God and was filled with the Holy Ghost and baptised in Jesus name ( yay!) We had no problems before then though, but like i said, we weren't married, and had no kids so there wasn't much we had to talk about when it came to religious beliefs and kids

Anonymous

• Yes, my dh and I have different beliefs and have been married for over eleven years! I always say our family is 'eclectic'- I'm from a Christian background but practice Buddhism, dh is from a Hindu background but is an atheist. It honestly has never been hard for us to deal with. We both respect each other's beliefs, and we both agree on the values we want to impress on our kids and the way we want to approach religious/spiritual matters with our kids, so it has always been a non-issue for us. We've had our arguments over the years of course, but I can honestly say that none of them have been about religion. The closest to a religious argument we ever had came from when I was considering a Noah's Ark border for our son's room because it had giraffes on it (I was doing a giraffe nursery theme and wallpaper was hard to come by!) and dh did not want a Biblical theme on the wall. We found other giraffe paper- end of fight!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• raised christian & my hubby is muslim, sometimes theres a clash here & there but thats w/any relationship. i love him he's great! we have a great relationship. to me it doesnt matter what religion you are it's about the person. i couldnt imagine not being w/someone due to religious beliefs.
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• ...sort of
    We are both Eclectic Pagan Witches ...but there is a BIG difference in what we believe and how we use our magick. ...but it's never caused us any problems.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i'm Christian. My sweetie is unsure what he believes in. It causes very few problems.
    however my ex husband is Muslim he never even talked about religion with me, however his brother did & that caused issues.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I'm a witch, and my husband is an atheist. While his isn't a religion, but rather the lack thereof, it still could be a conflict of interest. However, it isn't. We get along just fine :)

Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 12:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2009