Just need to vent...

My dh left for iraq almost a month ago. We have been married for over a year now and we havent been apart for even a full 24 hours since we have been married till now. Im so depressed that he's gone that i have been physically sick since he's been gone. Im taking care of all 3 of our girls and it's getting harder cause im so sick and i really have no one to help me:( I just miss him so bad it's killing me i don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Hang in there hun! You will figure it out. Is there any support groups in your area? Sounds like you could use a friend.
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 9:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• im sorry...but atleast you got your girls and arnt completely alone...i wish i could help you more
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• That's so hard, I'm so sorry things aren't easier for you and your family. I hope it is some comfort to you that your husband is a real hero and you are a hero too, for holding up the family all by yourself while he's away.

Depression can make you physically sick. You should really talk to your doctor about how you are feeling.

There is no substitute for a real live support system. Do a little research and see if there is a support group for military families in your area. You may be able to meet other women going through something similar.

If that doesn't work, I am sure there are some groups here on Cafemom and there are a lot of awesome military mamas on here.

I hope things get better for you. Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My husband isn't in the military, so it's not even close to the same situation but my hubby does work out of town for months sometimes but we do get to see each other atleast a couple of times a month when he's gone. When he first started going out of town and I had to stay home because of the kids, it was hard (and I was lucky enough to be able to call anytime I wanted, so that did make it much easier), but after a few days of being afraid to be alone at night, of missing my hubby, missing my routine etc, I embraced the time we had apart, and learned to make some decisions, learned how to manage the kids, the money, homework etc without him here to help me. Again, it's completely different situation but you'll get thru this. You've got to be strong for your children. Spend time writing Dad letters, making him cards, making care packages etc. Start volunteering at the school, fundraisers for miliarty etc. Stay busy.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2009