Would you send him to daycare?

My kid has been sick since he went into daycare last Monday. Tuesday night he woke up and didn't go back down until 330, had a slight temp, a cough, I kept him home wednesday. Then thursday, friday. And then yesterday, after going back to daycare for two days, the woman calls me and says that he's sick and needs to go home. i kept him home today. seemed fine until 5. Temp kept getting higher and higher til at 8, it reached 103.1. I finally got him to bed at 9:30. I've only had this job for 2 weeks and i'm only a temp. I've already missed 2 days. At this point, I don't really have a backup to stay home with him. So, would you send him to daycare (I know that the fever is due to an ear infection.) or would you keep him home?

I figure I already know the answer to this, but really...2 days in 2 weeks, could very weeks, and with the economy like it is, and with my finances DOA...realisitically...

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If The Childs Got Fever Its not a good Idea To Send Him,
    Tupperc

Answer by Tupperc at 9:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The daycare will just send him home again. So no, if he's got a fever do not send him to daycare.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 9:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I would send him back as long as his temp has been under 100 for 24 hours.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Nope, not if he's running a fever. At my son's daycare, kids are not allowed to attend until they've been fever free for 24 hours. Trust me, I know how much it sucks to miss work when you need the money, but sometimes there is just no other choice. Better for him that he stays home and gets well.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 11:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• ok first if the fever has reached 103.1 TAKE HIM TO A DOCTOR...
    Anonymous

• 103 is nothing to worry about. It is the body's way of fighting an infection. If baby has a temp, he needs to be home because they don't want the other babies to get sick (or their caretakers). Fever requires 24 hours at home... ONCE IT IS GONE (under 100). Your job can not fire you (even being a temp) because of your child being sick, it is against the law. Future reference, do not keep your baby home just because he has a cough or runny nose. Babies get sick. It is good for them. Once you get a virus you can't get it again, so the more colds baby gets now, the less baby gets when in school. If you keep baby at home ever time, you will never be able to work. Good luck!!
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If the baby has a fevor it's not really a good idea to take him anywhere. unless it's the doctors.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 12:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2009