trying to conceive but havind trouble. ive been to dr and they say im fine to try . have been doing ovulation test but none tell me when im ovulating.even tried the old way but yet no baby. what should i do?

mrs.rucker943

Asked by mrs.rucker943 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Are you having regular periods? Do you know when you're ovulating and time sex at the right time? When you say the OPKs don't indicate when you're ovulating, what results are you getting? How many months have you been trying without success?
    It's considered normal for healthy couples with no issues having sex at the right time of the month up to 12 cycles to conceive. Pregnancy is not guaranteed even with perfect timing. If it has only been a few cycles you may just not have hit the 'lucky' cycle yet. Most doctors will begin looking at reasons for not conceiving after 12 months of ttc without a pregnancy.
    I really recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler- teaches you to recognize your own fertility signs, understand your own cycles, and maximize your fertility. A good understanding of your cycle is a huge help!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• have sex every other day eat well drink lots of water and STOP FRETING as soon as you stop thinking about it it will happen
    and yes every other day b/c everyday will decrease your mans count every other day is necessary to 'catch' the egg
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Speaking from experience, I suggest you relax and dont stress. Obulation test are good to have, however when that time of the month is slowly approaching around the corner - get busy! I read somewhere that drinking alcohol increaed your chances(dont know how true that is) but hey what is the harm in a glass or two every now and then, right? It worked for me...
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Get your hubby's sperm tested to see if HE is the problem. If Dr says your fine then it has to be the hubby's sperm thats the problem
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• it also depends on how long you've been trying and how old you are. and I'm not sure if "fine to try" means you have been checked for conception issues?
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 12:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I found ovulation kits to be very inaccurate for me. I always recommend "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. Where a year of ovulation kits had failed, that book's methods worked in ONE cycle.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You may not be ovulating at all.

When women spend a lot of time together, their cycles end up running concurrently... with the one woman in the group who is currently fertile. If she has no intention of getting pregnant, isn't involved with anyone or has been sterilized, she's (accidentally, but it makes sense for a small village to not have all the women pregnant at the same time) repressing the ovulation of most of the women around her.

It's why 'infertility' happens to so many nurses and teachers (often working with many women in one building), and why clusters of pregnancies suddenly happen (when the woman driving the cycle goes on extended vacation or retires or whatever).

It also neatly explains why so many women adopt and while on maternity leave (and not working with that woman anymore) get pregnant 'out of nowhere.'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• LindaClement, that is AWESOME information. Cool!
    CoffeeOrDeath

Answer by CoffeeOrDeath at 1:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• thanks to all your comment i will consider alot of them.
    mrs.rucker943

Answer by mrs.rucker943 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2009