Disposable diapers at night?

I need help. My little one is a very heavy wetter and he keeps leaking through at night. Usually he can last all night but lately he's been waking up really early soaked through. He is still 5 pounds under the max weight on the diaper and I don't think he's drinking anymore than usual (he drinks a lot anyway but no more than usual). What can I do? Is there a better diaper out there? Is there a way to double up or something? I've tried just about every diaper, the more expensive ones and the cheaper ones and the brand I'm using now has worked the best for us. Oh, I'm using Parent's Choice right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Move up in size. I always had to do that when we were getting close to the weight limit. They'd be fine during the day in size 4, but needed the size 5's (for example) overnight for the extra absorbtion. I never really paid much attention to the weight limits on the diapers, I went more by fit and how well they absorbed.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I had to limit drinking near bedtime. My daughter wears cloth diapers- Bum Genius- with a couple extra inserts at night, and I don't usually have a problem.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Try putting a cloth diaper (or two) over his disposable and then putting a onesie on over it to hold it in. He might still soak through, but he might not wake up because of it. I did this with my daughter and it worked like a charm.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 11:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Have you tried cloth? You can use a fitted diaper. Add a few more layers with doublers and cover it with a wool or fleece cover.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• luvs has been my brand of choice i too have tied every brand out there and they are the best for my son and only pennies more than parents choice really.. well for us anyway because they absorb more and hold it in. i also like the target brand. they do run a little bigger too. so you wouldnt even have to go up in size. so u still get more diapers in for the buck
    rach1404

Answer by rach1404 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• tried*
    rach1404

• We use Luvs and my son started leaking through the size 3's so we went to 4's only at night. He's about 5 lbs from the max as well, but he hasn't leaked through at all -- he sleeps at least 12 hours a night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Sorry... your first mistake was using parents choice. They suck, especially for overnight. Most heavy wetters leak through nighttime, so I would suggest looking for doublers (basically a big pad for diapers, they used to sell them at walmart) or getting the overnight diapers. So worth the money. If you don't want to change diaper company's, I would suggest doing a diaper change right before you go to bed. By then, baby should have peed a bit and you won't be overflowing in the morning. Good luck!
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• With my boys we used the Huggies overnights, and now Pampers has a night diaper. Those seem to work pretty good. The only time my son leaks is if he has too much to drink before bed.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• We have to use the Huggies Overnights for our son.
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2009