What's your reasoning for posting anon?

I post anon a lot, and people assume it's because I'm a coward- but the truth is that I don't want my friends on this site to be able to see every little response I make because I know they have different views than I do and I don't want to stir up controversy with them (even if it's something simple like when to start a child on solid foods).

I hate that people assume that if your post anon then you're a B.

So what's your most common reason for posting anon? Let's stick up for ourselves!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do because Mogen Creative is my business name.

I like to keep my personal opinions on controversial things separate from my business...posting anon from time to time lets me do that.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Even when you post anon the other anons know who's who. There is the book smart anon, street smart anon and the I think you posted it already anon and the worst is the you have ulterior motives for that guy anon. All you need is question and an answer. Most people post anon so they are not embarrassed or ashamed.
    Anonymous

• I only post anon if it is a question about sex or something else really personal. I have the strenght of my convictions to stand behind them with my name. And I'm not scared of getting hate mail, I've never gotten it, mostly I think because while I have my opinion/beliefs on certain subjects I am respectful of the fact that other people may not have the same. I will defend myself and my opinion, but I don't start with name calling or bashing. I think that so many people think that anons are bitches are because so many of them are. They'll bash anyone who holds a differing opinion, they'll criticize, they'll basically be bitches because they know they can. I don't see that a post is anon and think "oh here's a bitch", but more often than not if a post is bitchy or bashy it's anon.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• To change things up
    Anonymous

• So your pretending with your friends on the premis that they will judge you for your views? Do you always pretend to be something your not? I think your two faced and a coward posting anon cause "some friend" might see. BS
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I'm not two faced, I just like to keep controversy out of my friendships... I've lost too many friends that way. My friends know how I feel about things, but they don't need to be told that or reminded of them on a regular basis.
    Anonymous

• The EXACT same reason you have haha I'm say way. And also, if I'm posting a personal question up, I dont want people to see that it was me.
    Anonymous

• I seriously do not post anonymous to be coward or to be mean. I've been on here for 2 years, and trust me, I have seen all and heard all, and I don't feel the need to get my panties in a wad, or be immature and rude to other people. I get on here casually and avoid the controversial subjects. I'm just not that interested in politics and religion because they're so controversial. I post anonymous because even in real life I am a very closed up person.
    Anonymous

• I personally only think that the anon posters who are B's, are B's. Not everyone who posts anon. is mean. If you are a private person, or embarrased about something, or want to say something you normally wouldn't, then that's a good reason to post anon.
    Vbruno, there was no need for you to blast OP and call her two faced and fake. Really? I call BS on that! If you don't have anything nice to post then don't post anything at all!!!
    I'm actually surprised you didn't post that anon:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I don't....ever. If my friends don't like a response, oh well. I am who I am. They can love me as me, we can agree to disagree...or we don't have to be friends.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2009