Favorite thing to do when you and your hubby have a child free night? :)

Gavsmama06

Asked by Gavsmama06 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• DH and I haven't had a child~free night in over 3 years! With the cost of babysitters, and having a special needs child, I would have no idea what to answer! I'm open to suggestions, though! :0)
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Go to a movie. One that doesn't have animated characters.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• TALK!! and sleep in!!
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Child-free night.....what's that? Last time we sent the kids to stay with grandma we ended up making baby #3!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 10:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Oooooh this is really fun! One night, my DH and I rented a hotel room in a town about 1/2 hour away. We went out to dinner, then out for drinks. But the fun part is, he went into the bar before me. When I walked in, we pretended not to know each other, made up names, lives, careers, everything! (kinda like roleplaying) At first it was a tad akward and embarrasing (worst part for me was asking him if he wanted to do it) but the drink helped and it ended up being SO unforgetable.
    He was so happy, and so was I. Next time, maybe I will plan out my fantasy self a little more in detail and really get into it.
    One more thing we did one time was go camping, alone in the woods, and naked the whole time! LOL it was a blast. He will never forget that either. It was kind-of primal, being naked outside and seriously, I am a very modest person, so it wasn't easy at first. But worth it. Hope you have fun! Do something memorable:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• What is this "child free night" you speak of?
    The last time we went out without the kids (other then to go grocery shopping which, in itself, is very rare) was on our wedding anniversary in January. We went to dinner and a movie (that was the first movie we saw out in 4 1/2 years).
    Other then that there was the 3 or 4 days when we were moving to PA. We drove 4 hours to drop the kids off with my in-laws, drove home. Then the next day drove 6 hours to PA. Next day we drove home and started packing for the move. It wasn't exactly a relaxing few days. That was in May 2005.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009