what word that is mis-spelled bothers you the most?

i think its advise for me or pregnate....UGHH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• to, two, and too.

there, their, and they're

here and hear

I honestly have issues with misspelling some words. I get frustrated when a sentence gets confusing due to not knowing the difference in the simple words. OK, now I'm going to look awful, I think they're called homophones. Same sound differnet meaning and spelling.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I hate it when my husband texts and says "love you to" ..........to what?...lol
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• threw, through and thru. UGH!!!!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Yeah, I hate the use of the wrong homophone.

It also irritates me to no end when people misspell dilate. It is not diAlate...there is only one A int he word. I don't know why it irritates me, but it does.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Misspell being hyphenated.
    Anonymous

• What really gets me is when people write a post and it's written in text/net speak. Like "so me and my babydaddy r fighting. Like 2day he wuz gonna come over 4 dinner and time w/son." I think you ladies get the idea. I don't mind the abbreviations really. But for some reason the text speak gets to me. Crazy, I know!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• You all do know that there is a spell checker for posting and answering questions don't you?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Well anon, if you want to get technical, I have a little something for you. Technically a word can't "be' anything. So saying "misspell being hyphenated" isn't really a well written sentence. That said, my earlier post was just a jumble of words, so I can't talk!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I hate when people say they want to loose weight. I was so shocked at how many people mistakenly spell this word wrong. I've seen it on Cafemom countless times.

"I want to lose some weight." (loo-z)

"My shoe strings are loose." (loo-s)

Anonymous

• There isn't a spell checker for posting questions. There's only one for answering questions. I don't know why they didn't add one for posting questions.

Anonymous