My husband loves deer hunting. Are you FOR or AGAINST deer hunting? Or hunting of any kind for that matter.

Gavsmama06

Asked by Gavsmama06 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think hunters have a greater appreciation and understanding of our relationship with food, and I respect that.

I think if you eat it, then you're alright with me.

Although, I will admit, I get a little squeemish about the idea of getting a kick out of the actual killing process.
    Anonymous

• Im fine with it all together as long as you are eating what you kill. Thats the rule here, if you hunt and kill it, you eat it. Im pretty sure thats how most hunters feel.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 10:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I think if you're hunting to eat it and put to use other parts, then that is fine. But if you just want to show off what you killed and use it as a decoration I'm not too happy with it. I also hate how people hunt now. They place food or a lure in the center of a clearing and then sit in a tree or behind a bush and weight for the deer to come to the food then shoot them. That's not hunting IMO, that ambushing, and that really irritates me. The only skill it requires is using and aiming a gun. Now if you track the deer and especially if you use a bow (which some people still do) I consider that true hunting.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I am for hunting. It feeds us. We don't have to buy burger and that helps immensely!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 10:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• So weird your posted this question..I was flipping through the channels today and there were hunters shooting at a deer. I used to not care, but I LOVE animals, so after watching that I felt really really bad!! Also, my BF goes with his uncle every once in awhile to hunt coons. He told me what they do........omg. I think its horrible!! Leave the wildlife alone! :(
    Anonymous

• I could never hunt myself but i really dont have a problem with it.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• We hunt! and We LOVE us some Bambi! Rabbits to! and Ducks, phesants, wild boar. God put the animals on this earth for our food. We DONT hunt anything just for fun, We hunt to feed ourselves. We wouldnt hunt and kill something just for sport.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i dont care if someone else wants to hunt, so long as they are using the meat & not just killing it for the sake of killing. however, i could NEVER kill something that wasnt going to kill me first...too squeamish!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I wish my husband would hunt. But, he won't. He said that the way they do it - with 4 wheelers and feeders - is not hunting. Hunting is walking in the woods looking for deer tracks or marks and waiting and hoping for a deer to come your way. I agree, but I would still love some deer meat. Any hunters out there want to share?
    Leslie2164

Answer by Leslie2164 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I don't and I don't want to. I have tried deer meat...venison steak,venison hamburger, and I don't like it. I could never kill anything. I felt guilty when I caught a frog and it died when I was in grade school. I can't kill mice. I just can't imagine picking up a gun,aiming it and killing anything. But that's just me.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2009