ive been trying to conceive

and was told to have my hubby wear a condom and use a turkey baster and suck it out and insert it in me. the hold my legs in the air for a while afterwards. is this true? we been tring for almost a year and nothing works we really want a child but cant figure out when is my ovulation. can anyone be like a tutor and help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You should be going to an OBGYN or fertilization specialist. A turkey baster? REALLY! They DO sell ovulation prediction tests as well, EVERY Pharmacy store has them including wall-mart and Target and there's TONS of info on line on how to predict when you ovulate not to mention the MILLION and a half times the "how do I know when I'm ovulating" questions that have been asked AND answered here already.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Won't work if your timing is wrong!

Go get a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. read it through.

AND see a specialist to get both of you tested. If he's nor producing sperm, nothing will work. If you're not producing viable eggs, nothing will work. So eliminate all those possibilities.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Condoms have lubrication and chemicals in them that kill sperm. This is NOT going to work.

Chart your ovulation. Day 1 is the first day of your period.
    If your cycle is 28 days- have sex days 12-16
    if it's 30 days-- have sex days 13-17
    26 days-- days 11-15
    and so on

The force of the sperm coming out helps them swim up there. Insertion is very unreliable.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:37 AM on Oct. 2, 2009