What should I do about the R.S.V.P's??? Please help!!!

I had my son's Teacher distribute my son's bday party invites last Fri to all kids in hi class & a few other kids f/a different class. His party is in a week & I have only had 1 R.S.V.P. I am getting really worried & wonder if I should have the teacher distribute some kind of a "Reminder Note". I can't contact them directly b/c I don't have their contact information which is why I had the teacher send out the invites directly to the parents. I can't necessarily wait till the party day b/c on the invite it states it's at our Stadium (it's a football party)...it does not have an address. So even if they did want to just "Show Up" they can't b/c they wouldn't know where to go. I am so new to this and have no idea what is the norm when it comes to R.S.V.P'ing to a 6yr old's bday party. Is it normal for parents to wait till the last minute? Should I prepare a "reminder notice" for the teacher or is that too pushy? Thanks Moms

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Maybe the whole "at the stadium and football party is what turned them off to the idea? I know I wouldnt want my 6 y.o to go to a stadium or football party. But send a reminder or ask the teacher if his classmates dont like him. You must be rich to be inviting soo many kids to a 6th b-day party. That or greedy to get your kid allot of gifts. Hard to say which, but ask the teacher. I also wouldnt send my kid to a 6y.o's B-day party that that my kid didnt know really well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I would maybe send out a note saying that you had "forgot" to put the directions to the Stadium. That way it is kind of a reminder for them and if they don't RSVP then they know where to show up. From past experiences with my son's birthday, I would only have 2-3 RSVP but have about 10-15 kids at the party.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• You must be rich to be inviting soo many kids to a 6th b-day party. That or greedy to get your kid allot of gifts.

WTF?
    Anonymous

Yeah, Right??? WTF??? I was trying to make the invite cute! No I am not rich, however, I try to make things special for my kids so that they will always have memories to share. You're bitch!
    Anonymous

• I know I wouldnt want my 6 y.o to go to a stadium or football party.

Why do you have to be so mean? She was just asking a question and wants the party to be a success for her kid! BTW, why wouldn't you want your son to go to a football party? Would you rather him go to a PRINCESS one??? Is he...YOU KNOW?!?!? WINK WINK!
    Anonymous

• If the invitations went home with the children, they may never have reached the parents, although I'd think a first grader would give the note to the parent. I can't guess what happened. Maybe next time make a note on the invitation that you must have the replies by a certain date because you have to give a firm number to the place by that date- not sure that would help. It's too bad that you don't have all of the phone numbers, but I can see that people wouldn't want that to happen. I'm sorry you have so much anxiety about this, it is too bad. From what you said, you don't need to arrange for a certain number? So if they call the morning of the party for directions that would be OK? Some people don't reply. I was surprised when I gave a baby shower that the mom's family- not one replied.

Answer by Bmat at 10:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• When I sent out invitation to birthday parties, when my children were young, there were many times that the people who where invited never responded to the RSVP. And they didn't show up.

There might be people who don't understand what RSVP means.
    Violet782

Answer by Violet782 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• From vbruno profile- "NO ONE here on this site deserves to be treated the way they have treated me and allot of other women!"

Sounds to me like you have become one of those women.
    Anonymous