Have you seen the newer movie "The Mist?"

If you have, does the crazy "Chrisitan" lady scare you too? I mean, really. She scares the everliving crap outta me. And it makes me wonder if the human mind is that easy to mess with, or if it has something to do more with pre-dispostion. What do you think?

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• lmfao... it's a MOVIE....I don't give it much thought....
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• yeah...its a sucky movie imo haha

but on topic, yeah the Christian lady freaked me out! i think she was scarier than the majority of the stuff that happened b/c of the Myst. the human mind really is that easy to screw with in times of high duress. sure there are ppl who are more mentally stable, but its pretty common.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Yes, I saw it... I read the book too. I'm a Stephen King fan but it was never one of my favourite novellas. I can't remember the actress's protrayal or anything like that but I do remember the character- I know there was a lot of flack from Christian groups over that character when the movie came out. I do think that she essentially represents a stereotype of the 'crazy Christian zealot' and I do think that most people are a whole lot more complex than a B-movie stereotype. However, I do think that most religions have a fringe element who are more than a little 'out there' and I do think that there are some people who legitimately have mental health issues who incorporate religious ideas into their psychosis. I used to work with older adults with mental health issues and I had some schizophrenic clients with religious delusions- the issue was not so much the religion as the underlying psychosis but it does happen.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Yeah, it scared the living daylights out of me. I was so pissed at that woman, especially when they sent that poor soldier out to die. I was glad when she was killed.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I think she lived didnt she? Yes was to crazy. Im a christian and if that happened to me I wouldnt be telling them the EnD has come because obviously God did not say those things wouldl happen and I would try to just get people together to Pray that it would be over and everyone would be safe, and that god would destroy whatever was causing it..

Btw I hate the ending to that movie with the father and dad..goodness horrible
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• OMG The end was what stuck with me the most. It still gets me down if I think about it to this day. When the troops appeared out of the mist I was like "AUUGHHHH!" Hahaha. I thought someone shot her between the eyes because she was screaming out something about judgment day and all? Maybe I'm thinking of something else, I dunno. It's been awhile.

I think it's a good representation of how things go when everything goes to shit. There will always be people like her who cower in corners and wait for death to take them. There will always be people who do everything they can to survive, and many die trying.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I just watched it the other day... hubby & I agree, she'd have been the first one to get locked out of the store!

She doesn't scare me.... she was just annoying as hell.

Word to the wise, folks - If you're ever stuck in a room w/ me & there are prehistoric/alien creatures on attack outside... do NOT, I repeat - DO NOT break out your Bible & start preaching out loud & scaring the children - LOL Your ass is going in the parking lot if ya do!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I thought she was a great "villain". It was more about their struggle with each other than the monsters outside. I thought it was a neat idea.

Also,
    BEST.ENDING.EVER
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 2:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• that movie is old. god its been out over a year
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• and they should of killed her earlier, would of saved lives
    moki1984