Does your man treat you like gold or a Princess?

What is it like?

I wish I could experience it for at least one day....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• You can by leaving him and find someone that treats like that.
    Anonymous

• I wish it was that easy.
    Anonymous

• Nope....I feel like an unappreciated maid/nanny/tutor/accountant most of the time.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I can't imagine mine knowing what those words even mean. He's one of those hard core military dudes that thinks I should be grateful he even gives me time & attention. To him that is romance! lol
    Funny how we love these ignorant men. Maybe we should not have watched so much Disney as children and gotten ideas of fantasy treatment. Oh well, this is what we signed up for so let's just enjoy what we do get from them. Sometimes when I go to bed I start to daydream about what it would be like if.....then I fall asleep. I have to accept the reality of the ole boy. He's not a bad man so I guess I'll concentrate on his good characteristics and leave my fantasies of being his princess in my mind!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Answered at 8:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 by: admckenzierolling on floor

It's all an illusion!!

Anonymous

• I do. My husband is amazing. He goes out of his way to do special things for me. Like last night, he got off work around 1am and stopped to get me a salad (i'm pregnant and he knows its a treat for me to have a salad late at night ...weird I know) and a Dr Pepper. He's always been so sweet to me, he tells me regularly that he appreciates me. The days I deep clean the house, he always comes home and tells me how much he appreciates it and thanks me for doing it. He will take the kids for me just to have a little quiet time. I know if it came down to it he would take on the world just to make sure i was happy. I have an amazing husband !!

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I don't think any man does. Not saying that they don't at all, but I don't think they do all the time. My husband does sometimes, sometimes not.
    Anonymous

• My husband loves me, and he makes me feel special and loved. He gets on my nerves, and he sure can't get things done without being told, but at least I can tell him and he'll do it.
    When I'm under the weather, he waits on me, because I do the same for him. We are equals, and I am blessed to have him. He don't treat me like a princess, which is fine by me, cuz, I know myself, I would eat it up, and take advantage. He is the King, I am the Queen. We have a prince and a princess in this castle, and that's how we like it.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I do. My husband is a really awesome guy and I know how lucky I am to have him.. We talked for the 1st time on 10/2/85 and I knew then and there that he was the one. We had 3 dates on 10/4, 10/11 and 10/12 and on 10/20 decided to get married. We'll celebrate our 24th anniversary in 20 days. From day 1 he's put me on a pedestal and has treated me like a queen. From what I understand it's how his dad treated his mom and when she died his heart broke. His oldest brother also treats his wife of 40 years like a queen and our son treats his wife of 2 years like a queen. On the other side, I treat my husband the same way he treats me. He's the love of my life :-)

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My husband is awesome and he has the presence of mind to choose life: I have no interest in being treated like an object or a fantasy. My husband treats me like an adult human: respectfully and lightheartedly.

To all the women who feel unappreciated: it's no one else's job to appreciate you, anymore than it is your job to appreciate anyone. If you undervalue what you do, the talents and skills it takes to do it and the good you produce in the world, no one can 'fix' that for you --that's 100% your own problem living 100% inside your own head. No one can make you feel bad about yourself without your permission (says Eleanor Roosvelt).

If you want to be treated like a princess (endless government work and speaking engagements, paparazzi following you everywhere, non-stop criticism in the press) you can have it. I'd rather have someone who likes my company and knows how to take a joke.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2009