how much tylonel do i give my 4 month old?

So my 4 month old son had shots today and the nurse asked how much i should give him to me for after the shots and i said half a drop of the tylonel dropper cuz thats just what i remember, well she said that was right and then the doctor said it was too but i just want to make sure because the docter never said no or yes exactly to that so i was just wondering what your docters told you guys.

jaelynsmama07

Asked by jaelynsmama07 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it really depends on his weight. They go off weight then age. this is a great site with a chart of how much to give babies of certain age and weight. :)

http://www.babycenter.com/0_acetaminophen-dosage-chart_11886.bc
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Weight? And, infant, or children's Tylenol? And, Tylenol, or another brand, because there was some sort of recall on some kids Tylenol.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• for my son, who is 6 months old and weighs 20 lbs, i give him 1.875 mL of infants motrin. my son had his shots today and was in much today so i've paid much attention to the infants tylenols and motrins. i would go by what your doctor and nurses have told you, for the most part they know what they are doing.
    Goodluck!
    MalachaisMommy

Answer by MalachaisMommy at 11:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• You need to go by the weight more than the age....it's on the tylenol box and it should be INFANT tylenol not childrens tylenol...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• it's based on weight, not age. the half dropper is 1.25ml, which is more than my son had at 4 months but he was very small.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• when my son turned 3 mo i was told to start giving him 0.8ml of infants tylenol. they did not go by weight just by age at my peds clinic. he is now 4 mo and i still give him the same amount when needed.
    T8rsWife

Answer by T8rsWife at 7:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• thanks yeah its infant tylenol =]
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2009