Does anyone out there have a husband who would stay home from work if you were having a hard time or a crisis?

I'm curious how other husbands support their wives. I want to know what other husbands do. If you were sick, would he stay home to care for the kids if you are a stay at home mom. If you were experiencing a crisis of some sort, panic attacks, or health scare, would he stay home as long as you needed him, or would he say "sorry you are having this" and then go to work?

Redpumkin

Asked by Redpumkin at 11:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• My DH usually tries to stay home with us when I or kids need him. Sure, there were a few time he really had to go in to his office due to important meetings but he still came right back home as soon as he finished. There are some of my girl friends I know their DHs wouldn't care much about how their wives are dealing with at all and they even bring work stresses home. Good luck to all our SAHMs!!!!
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 11:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Sorry and go to work, but i'd never expect him to stay home since he's the only one working and we need the money badly. Now, if it was something severe, he'd come home in a heartbeat. Luckily though, my MIL is a SAHM to my 15 yr old BIL, so if need be, she'd gladly watch my daughter for me.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My hubby has to work for our money, but I'm sure he would take a few vacation days if I really needed him too. He has said all along that if I wanted to go to work at a job that would pay our way, he'd LOVE to stay at home with the little ones. But I love it too... :) Maybe we'll switch off at some point!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 11:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• He'd go to work...just as I would prefer he did.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Mostly sorry and go to work. But that's what I expect him to do. I can take care of myself. Now, if I have am terminally ill, surgery, having a baby, etc...then probably.
    Anonymous

• He doesn't really have a choice, he's in the military and unless its something MAJOR, he can't stay home. He has been able to leave early though and they have been really understanding with my pregnancy.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My husband has taken off from work when I needed him to. I think it has only happened a couple times in our marriage when I was extremely sick or had to have surgery.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 11:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I don't need my hubby to baby me or watch the kids when I'm sick, but then our kids are older and can pretty much take care of themselves and me. He will, in a heartbeat, stay home or come home from work if I really needed him.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My DH wouldn't hesitant to come home, be home if I needed him. On the other hand, I think I would have to be really sick before I asked him to do this. I remember when my DD was giving me a really hard time and I had just had it! She was about 16 months and was driving me crazy, no nap, no lunch it was very bad day. DH called in the middle of it and I started to cry. He offered right away to come home. I refused, so he called my mom for backup. She came and took my DD and I out for a while. He is extremely supportive and sees being a SAHM as a REAL job with the associated stress and burnout and the need for breaks and vacation. I am so blessed!
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 11:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• If it was serious, he'd stay home, but other than that, he really couldn't stay home. He works doubles so when he's working he's working for his swap partner and he can't just not work. I wouldn't ask him to stay home unless it was an emergency, though, so yes, if I needed him, he'd be here in a heartbeat!
    Anonymous