Have you ever had mono? What was it like?

I have it now and I am pretty well informed about the condition as well as the Epstein Barr virus. I am having a real tough time managing my 11 month old twins because I am just so tired all the time. I was curious to know which symptoms you had and how long you had them. Did anyone end up with a ruptured spleen as a result? Also any advice on easing the symptoms would be nice.

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 11:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Health

• i had it in 6th grade i was basically dead for 2 weeks i hallucinated and ran a very high temp it sucked i couldnt even get up out of bed my head hurt i was freezing cold 24/7 i dont remember my other syptoms it was too long ago lol but i took what the dr gave me and ibuprofen and after 2 weeks i was just fine
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I had Epstein Barr for 10 months. Luckily it doesn't affect adults like kids.. I was just extremely tired all the time. Cold bothered me, no energy. The doctor (military and reason I am against govt healthcare) refused to test for mono. Instead referred me to mental health because I was faking symptoms. Yeah until my 2 yo and 5 yo came down with it. Then they did my blood test.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I have a bad sore throat without cold symptoms, exhaustion, headache, chills, dizziness and confusion as well as a swollen spleen. I sure hope it doesn't last 10 months!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 2:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009