Do Any Of You Moms Know What A 911 PRAYER IS?

My version of a 911 prayer is when you call on God when the tough gets going, but when things are going fine , you do not need god! Or making a promise for this to happend if you did this , barganing with God. God wants to hear from us everyday that we live, Calling on him praying for his will, not for my will but for his will, God knows best, After all He created you and me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Almighty God, the past year will be indelibly inscribed in our memories.
    We looked with horror on the terrorist attacks of last September 11th.
    But we looked with honor on acts of courage by ordinary people who sacrificed themselves to prevent further death and destruction.
    We shed our tears in a common bond of grief for those we loved and lost.
    We journeyed through a dark valley, but your light has led us to a place of hope.
    You have turned our grief into determination.
    We are resolved to do what is good, and right, and just.
    Help us to remember what it means to be Americans
    a people endowed with abundant blessings.
    Help us to cherish the freedoms we enjoy and inspire us to standwith courage, united as one Nation in the midst of any adversity.
    Lord, hear this prayer for our Nation. Amen.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 11:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i am Muslim. part of our faith is to pray 5 times a day through out the day at a minimum. Every Muslim must do this. This helps us to stop our worldly affairs and dedicate ourselves to the pure worship of Allah. We are commanded to learn the religion, to act upon it, therefore a Muslim who believes and does righteous deeds thinks of Allah and thanks and praises him all the time, good times and bad times, day and night. it's an every minute religion . So you mold yourself into someone that does actions for the sake of Allah . this keeps you grounded and remembering him.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• O.K. is there a genuine question in there or are you just preaching? I'm a Christian and I'm even getting tired of the thinly veiled sermons. You can't goad someone into praying or believing.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Me too Im a chrisitan.. thats how you push people way not bring them to Christ.. Come On Christians
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• To be honest with you.... God wants to hear from us all the time.. not just when we are in a bind. He isn't someone you go to when the going gets tough then you forget about Him with everything is cool and dandy! That is not how a relationship with God works. Praying daily not for just yourself but for others and your country whether things are good or bad is encouraged! He is not a fair weather friend! He is to be our forever friend, one we can go to and one we can trust in all things and share our whole heart!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• NO IM NOT PREACHING TO ANYONE , IF YOU WILL READ AGAIN I ASKED A QUESTION, DIDNT MAKE A STATEMENT, AND I AGREE THAT WE NEED GOD EVERYDAY EVERY SECOND THAT WE ARE HERE ON THIS PLANET!!!! IM NOT TRYING TO GOAD SOMEONE INTO PRAYING , I ASKED A QUESTION, AND IAM A CHRISTIAN , YOU MUST NOT UNDERSTOOD THE QUESTION, READ AGAIN MAYBE YOU WILL GET IT THEN !!

Anonymous