How do you gain self-confidence?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• By knowing who I am, where I was from and where I am going.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 11:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Realize that your self worth does not depend on a man, what you own, where you live, but rather, on YOU.  Realize that you are responsible for all your own actions. That you can become whatever it is you set your mind to and you don't have to explain that to anyone else. Realize that you have the knowledge to better yourself and never let anyone else stand in your way. If you are the type that depends on others and looks to others for satisfaction, Stop it- Learn to depend solely on your self. Get Selfish, you deserve it!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I look at myself in the mirror and say, "Damn!!! I'd do me!"
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• wow m-avi....thats a great way of putting it! :) This feels stupid to ask but...i AM one of those that depends on others for satisfaction. ugh and i hate it! i recognize it but i hate it. and i am one of those that depends on a man....i know i'm doing all the wrong things. but i need help to fix all that. and honestly i dont know how...any ideas?
    Anonymous

• I can tell you from experience that this feeling will get better with age. I was divorced for five years. It was very hard from time to time, but I finally decided to live for myself. You have to think back to the past, i.e., my grandmother never left Illinois. She started having kids at 16 and never was without a child at home until the day she died. Her husband was abusive. I just put myself in her position and realized all the dreams she must have had. I think about my life and I don't want to ever say, I wish I had done this or that. If there is something I want to do, I do it. It's my life. I am the only one that can truly turn my life around. Sit down and make yourself a list. What you want to do and what you have done. Now, look at what you can do when you are with a man- not much of those is my guess. Take it day to day. Go out and do things by yourself a little every day. Be adventuresome.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• It can be scary at first. But just remember, you are your own best friend.
    m-avi

• That's pretty good advice.
    But I laughed out loud at what Mumma 28 wrote! That was so funny! I needed a good laugh! Thanks!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2009