Mayan 2012, someone help!

i feel like ive been out of the loop on this. I just heard about this. I'm not understanding what it is. Can someone explain this to me, and what the theories about this are, and their opinions about it (if wanted) thanks! So what is Mayan 2012 ??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The Mayans predicted that the world was going to end in 2012.
    Anonymous

• some people think that because the mayans didn't make a calendar after the year 2012 that the end of the world is in 2012.

Some people are really buying this but lets not forget how many people were sure that the millenium was going to be the end of the world and the mayan don't read the bible and out of all the prophets God used to write the bible. Women and men all from diffrent backgrounds none one in the same, none of them were mayan. No one knows when the world is going to end, thats for the one and only God to decide. He'll end it when he's ready.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The Mayan calender stops in 2012. Some people take it as the world ending, some take it as a new chapter beginning. The Mayan calender loops around so once it ends, it loops back to the start. There are a lot of theories out there about what it could mean. Nobody really knows though until 2012
    Anonymous

• http://www.experiencefestival.com/mayan_calendar
    Anonymous

• I get it... my grandma was talking about that a few weeks ago and i had no idea waht she was talking about. LoL. but i get it now.

my mom says that it doesn't mean the world is coming to an end, just that the world as we know it will come to end. then she said something about the president. Not necessarily Obama, but who ever gets elected then and some great overhaul that will happen because of him... it sounded like a conspiracy theory when she talking about it.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• There's a lot of theories about 2012. I for one do not think the world is coming to an end in 2012. I believe in what the Bible says, that no man shall know the day nor the hour of the end of the world. The Mayan calendar ends in 2012 but if I am right, it loops back and starts over. There are also predictions of major solar flares in 2011-2012, which, if they were really bad, could disrupt global communication and cause power outages, but as long as you have an emergency kit prepared, you would be fine through that too. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The Mayan calendar ended in THEIR 2012 which was a few thousand years ago. I don't let it get to me. The Gregorian calendar (which we follow) is not the same calendar that the Mayans followed. The Hebrew calendar is currently on the year 5770 and the Mayan calendar was around before the Hebrew one. It's been 3,758 years since the year 2012 on the Hebrew calendar so, I think it's safe to say that we are long, long past the Mayan year 2012.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I heard that the Mayan Calendar ends in 2012....but someone predicted that it means the world will end then. The Mayans didn't predict the end of the world. It was some religious nut who made it up. ANd now there is a movie. @@ Good grief....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• It is one big cash cow. Many many people will make lots and lots of money off of this. This is just like Y2K, only bigger because the internet is bigger than it was in 2000. Please, I beg you. PLEASE do not let this get to you. It has been blown way out of proportion by troll idiots on the internet. It was not even spoken of before some loonie included it in his book in the 80's. Oh, and plus...do you think people who sacrificed men, women, and CHILDREN to their gods are really worthy of being taken seriously? They couldn't predict their own demise at the hands of the Spanish. Oh, and for the record, there are many many many dates scribbled down in Mayan records that take place AFTER--I repeat--AFTER AFTER AFTER 2012. It is not under any circumstances "the end". Do not believe what the fearmongers say.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2009