School Supplies

What did you buy for your pre-schoolers first day of school?
Obviously a back pack but do they need lined paper? Pencils or pens or both? Crayons and markers this early?

We're enrolling my daughter in a mommy and me preschool but I want to make sure we buy what we need and we don't show up with nothing. Suggestions are very appreciated!

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 11:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• For the first day of school we had to have a folder and a pencil holder that fit onto the folder tabs. The first day of school we were told what we needed. We had to get tissues, hand sanitizer, zip lock bags, paper towels, crayons, markers, copier paper and glue. Each program is different. So I would just wait until the first day of school to see what the teacher wants or needs. Line paper isn't normally used for a pre k student. Most pre k students use blank paper.Line paper is normally used in kindergarten.

Good Luck

MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 12:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I was never required to buy anything other than tissues and snacks for my kids for preschool. That is a new one for me. I think lined paper etc is jumping the gun a bit. Did you ask the school what they require?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I brought what the teacher told me I needed to bring. It was different for each kids class. Call the teacher and ask is your best bet.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• We had visited our church's preschool so we were on the mailing list of letters. We had decided to homeschool already, but still got a "Welcome" letter. Anyway, the supply list was a whole page long. Backpack, colored pencils, markers, paints, scissors, folder, extra clothes, etc., etc. Out of curiosity, what is a Mommy and Me preschool??
    tennisgal

Answer by tennisgal at 9:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• All my son had to take his first day of preschool was a backpack and an extra set of clothes.The teacher said she would send home a letter if she needed any other supplies "donated" throughout the year.
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 8:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2009