School supplies

What did you buy for your pre-schoolers first day of school?
Obviously a back pack but do they need lined paper? Pencils or pens or both? Crayons and markers this early?

We're enrolling my daughter in a mommy and me preschool but I want to make sure we buy what we need and we don't show up with nothing. Suggestions are very appreciated!

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 11:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• clorox wipes & tissues
    Anonymous

• My daughter went to ECEAP, which is like Head Start, and they didn't require them to bring anything but a little backpack to take home papers in. If you think you should buy something, or if they have said you need to bring supplies, I would bring crayons, pencils, colored construction paper, glue sticks, writing tablets (with the huge lines so they can practice their letters), and yes I would also give the teacher a container of disinfecting wipes because they have to clean all the toys, desks, etc.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Ask the school. Every school is different. My DS goes to private school, and he wasn't allowed to take a back pack, but the did request 3 boxes of tissue,clorox wipes, and hand sanitizer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• huh! I've never heard of bringing Clorox wipes and tissue paper. Thank You ladies. We use all that stuff here at home since my son is a preemie so I'll definetly make sure I pack some with her. Thank You mom's so much!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• LOL. I don't think she needs anything. Maybe just a change of clothes. Over here in SO Cal, that's all you need. Ask the school to be sure.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 12:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• We always send in Clorox wipes and tissue. Teachers love it if you send in more every couple of months too.
    For preschool we only had to send in a backpack., but we also sent in Clorox wipes and tissue too. I have older children and we had to send it in for them anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My dd needed a backpack, folder, pencil case, pack of 8 crayons, 2 pencils, 3 glue sticks, an art smock and a box of tissues.
    My middle daughter went to a different school and didn't need a backpack because they didn't have room in the class to store them. So she needed a folder, pencil case with pencil crayons and glue sticks and some paper towels.
    It completely depends on the school and teacher.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2009