Im worried...

I went to my friends house and I didnt know her family had the flu..her DH had gotten the flu vaccine and got the flu from it, then gave it to their LO and then she got it, shes pregnant...but I didnt know until we were already there and we didnt stay long... but she said she was fine, the only symptom she still had was just the coughing, other then that she felt just fine..but im really worried about me and DD, shes 11 months old, I breastfeed..will that help her immune system? im just really worried!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes breastffeding will and has helped her immune system!but just keep a close eye on her.i had a plumber bring his sick daughter ove rher with him while he worked ..they stayed about 30 minutes andleft when the job was completed..2 days later my dd was sick sick sick! i was severly pissed..i called and complained to the supervisor obviously..but anywho we all ended up getting sick:( so just watch her carefully. and isnt it weird GETTING the flu vax made them all get sick?...
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 11:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• is the flu still contagious when they have no symptoms except a couch??? I wish she would of told me they were just sick! she was the only one who still even had any symptoms and it was just the cough, she was only near me though, she wasnt near DD, and when she coughed I asked if she was sick..but if I get it DD will most likely too
    Anonymous

• well the little sicking girl was in my kitchen with her father(the plumber) the whole time never left that room and my dd never went in there..and the only reason i knew this lil girl was sick was because of her coughing.,,ugh it was FRUSTRATING!! but yes it IS contagious even tho it was just a cough. my dd got it then 2 days later i had it and then my hubs had it.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 12:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2009