Im worried...

I went to my friends house and I didnt know her family had the flu..her DH had gotten the flu vaccine and got the flu from it, then gave it to their LO and then she got it, shes pregnant...but I didnt know until we were already there and we didnt stay long... but she said she was fine, the only symptom she still had was just the coughing, other then that she felt just fine..but im really worried about DD, shes 11 months old, I breastfeed..will that help her immune system? im just really worried!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will help her immune system...but the fact that they got the shot means they are feeling the "side effects"..some people feel it more than others. The flu vaccine is NOT an active virus so it technically should not make them sick...just stay away and get one yourself and at your daughters' one year check up, they will give her one also....don't worry...stress will cause your immune system to weaken and you will feel crappy. You guys should be fine :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:01 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• breast feeding does help with your little ones immune system but i cant say if it will prevent her from catching a virus...watch out for any signs
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 1:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• The breastfeeding is the best protection she can get. She may still get sick; it's not an impenetrable shield.

Not much you can really do now but watch and wait.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If it makes you feel any better, my household has been full of sickies the last 2 weeks. Me, my DH and ODS (3). All of us just miserable, but my 6 month old DS ( breastfed) baby hasn't gotten sick at all.
    It's going to be the waiting game for you, but there is good chance baby won't catch it.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 2:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2009