Im worried...

I went to my friends house and I didnt know her family had the flu..her DH had gotten the flu vaccine and got the flu from it, then gave it to their LO and then she got it, shes pregnant...but I didnt know until we were already there and we didnt stay long... but she said she was fine, the only symptom she still had was just the coughing, other then that she felt just fine..but im really worried about DD, shes 11 months old, I breastfeed..will that help her immune system? im just really worried!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Try not to stress, bm will help her immune system. On a side note it's funny how people claim to know how they contracted the flu.
    Anonymous

• I BF my son while I was sick and he never even sneezed. You pass your immunity to him. He can still get it but it might not get as bad or last as long if his system is nice and built up.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• im just worried because she hasnt had her flu shot yet, they arent available for another 2 weeks here
    Anonymous

• is the flu still contagious when they have no symptoms except a couch??? I wish she would of told me they were just sick! she was the only one who still even had any symptoms and it was just the cough, she was only near me though, she wasnt near DD, and when she coughed I asked if she was sick..but if I get it DD will most likely too
    Anonymous

• *couch = cough
    Anonymous

• If you get sick she might get sick too but maybe not as bad and when you start to get better she will too because you are passing the immunity/antobodies to her
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Black elderberry is really good for the flu, and safe for little ones. Just a thought, if you get it. Also, oscillococcinum is a really good thing to take at the very beginning of the flu. Both will make it shorter and less severe. I can't believe how careless some people are about passing the flu. If you are sick, stay home and don't invite people over!!!! This thing is spreading exponentially. If each person gets 5 people sick, and those people get 5 people sick, and so on and so on, it will never end.  It's a matter of respect and personal responsibility. 

Redpumkin

Answer by Redpumkin at 12:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I wouldn't worry about it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If you are worried about her getting the flu, why are you getting her the flu shot (which will most likely give her the flu)?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• you dont get the flu from the flu shot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009