Cutting a tooth and still teething?

My son cut his first tooth a couple days ago, so there is just the tip poking through. Would he still be considered teething though? Does it still hurt as it all comes up because he is crabbier now than the last couple weeks before the tooth, but his drooling has gone down considerably. And he has been a great sleeper for awhile and tonight he has woken up a few times and needed to be put back to sleep. So im wondering if it could be this tooth still coming through that is causing him discomfort or if maybe he has another tooth right on the way as well. He has another big bump right next to this tooth. Are infants just in a constant state of teething after the first one? This might sound dumb but im for real :)

CurvyMommato1

Asked by CurvyMommato1 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no some get 2 at 4-5 months and then dont get another till they turn one but yes unless the tooth is all the way out he is still teething my son had his first come through at 4 months and hes 6 months now and his 2nd just came through neither of them are all the way in yet but they r gettin there good luck and if hes in pain i give my LO Tylenol and teething tablets
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Okay thats what I needed to know. Do you think it is the peak of the teething pain when its already through the gums?I would think that breaking through gums would be the most painful but he seemed indifferent to that and was drooling much less that day and the next.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Just one came through? Usually babies get their first two teeth (bottom ones) around the same time so it's possible the other one is poking through. Once it cuts though it usually doesn't hurt as much because there's no pressure on the gums anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• yes its still teething and his other one that has the bump may be coming through as well. try rubbing on them, it helps the gums loosen to get the tooth through. :) try teething tablets and tylenol too. GL :D my 7 1/2 month old is getting her top two in right now and just had her bottom two come through a few months ago, so yeah they sometimes all come suddenly.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2009