LMAO not a question just super funny, for those of you posting questions about inducing labor by castor oil read this plz!

my friend that i have known for like 9 years came over today, she is 41 weeks pregnant and im 38. she is bound and determined that castor oil MIGHT work and she wants to give it a try regardless of the like numerous amounts of people who have told he it DOESNT work. she wanted me to try it with her and OOHH GAWD am i glad i didnt, she mixed 2 ounces with a half of glass of chocolate milk and it looked like she was drinking chocolate cottage cheese she almost puked all over the place and the castor oil hasnt kicked in yet but i can guarantee by tonight shes gonna admit it wasnt worth it.. and it probably ISNT going to work.. if it does ill stand corrected but just thought i would let those of you thinking about doing this know its NOT worth it!! so i spose i should ask a question to keep this from being deleted.. anyone ever do this and have it work?? if it does work for her ill keep yall updated on it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think that if she spewed it all then there is no point in waiting...
    It takes affect within the first 3-6 hours or it isn't working.

Yes, I did it~ I want to tell you, seriously, not just exaggerating, it was truly worse than labor.
    (Projectile vomiting out my butt. Convulsing on the toilet. And more that I won't go into.)

But she's wtill within her due period, no need to force anything yet. OBVIOUSLY her baby & body are not ready for labor~ because she's still pregnant. (Isn't it important to respect that? I have learned a lot since my experience... Don't go there. And btw, my next spontaneous labor was sooo much easier!)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• It's a bit better if you mix it in orange juice. My friend did it that way.
    Anonymous

• I would never do that. Crazy.
    san-1

Answer by san-1 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Ewww... I did it out of I cant be preg. another day and I was preg. for like another week. I tried mixing in orange cream milk shake. I got the runs a bit, but actually nothing. NOT WORTH IT. I get preg. again and feel I can't take another day again, I think I am going to skip castor oil. Plus you gotta hold your nose to stomach the stuff. Thinking of it makes me sick now!
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I can't believe being pregnant could ever be bad enough to even try castor oil. I know it gets rough near the end. I'm on my fourth and I'm 31 weeks. I want to LMAO everytime I read about someone trying this.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• LOL my older sister did this with her first. I think she mixed it with orange juice or something... I don't remember. LOL... It worked for her.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 12:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• castor oil = diarrhea = dehydration = contractions.

The castor oil doesn't do squat (except MAKE you squat over the toilet!) Its the dehydration that starts the contractions. You'd get the same effect from not drinking anything all day...but that would be dangerous wouldn't it? Its not worth it ladies!

Babies come when they're ready. When you try to speed the process, you put baby in distress. Imagine being kicked out of bed while you're comfortably asleep. Stressful? I'd think so! Only we dont poop when we're stressed, and babies do! So unless you want a uterus full of meconium, you'll just let nature take its course.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• its so dangerous for the baby. Like PP said, it can cause a bowel movement in your LO and that's an instant trip to the NICU. If you are so anxious to have your baby, you sure aren't going to like having to wait a few days while they poke and prod your newborn in the nicu because your stupid butt drank something that makes them poop in utero. pregnant ladies darn near lose their mind at the end and trust me, it WILL happen and you will sell your soul for three minutes of peace to go to the bathroom, take a bite of food or drink castor oil on your own time!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 12:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I had a friend try this when she was 40 weeks. She went into labor, I don't personally think it was the oil but the fact that she was just ready. Anyway, She wished afterward that she had not done it. She opted for a natural child birth and during a really bad contraction she had a BM and had to be cleaned up before she could deliver. We laugh about it now but you can probably guess how embarrassing it was for her at the time.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• OP here.
    haha its about 7 hours later and the only thing she's complained about is how it made her really sleep and is giving her sharp pains in her stomach and contractions no bathroom runs or anything though LOL although i wish shed go there shes really gassy and its makin MY stomach hurt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2009