Pagans ...i have to ask ...

what do you think about that question in the Just for Fun section: "Do you believe in witches. Real ones?" or whatever it says.

I'm glad to see that many women said yes but that witches aren't like the fictional witches.

But there were a few women that said NO! wow. idk why but that really shocked me.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 11:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Im gonna go read it, some actually said no? LOL
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• They might have said NO because they automatically thought of green, tv type witches LOL.

I didnt know witches or wiccans or pagans existed until about 3 yrs ago. Figured it was made up stuff that you saw in tv and movies.

As for the questions in Just For Fun....figured it was October, time for Halloween type questions to come out LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I was waiting for the OP to come back with some biblical reference as to why witches are dangerous or whatever, honestly.

As a witch, the query didn't bother me. Some of the answers cracked me up, though.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 12:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• to them a witch is not a pagan or wiccan..its somenoe who can cast magical powers and make ppl go POOF into frogs..thats the general stereotype, dont forget the warts and long noses.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I'm sure they are thinking of Charmed witches not actual witches. We don't have that problem in MA with Witch City Salem, MA, I live about 1 hr from there ans schools take feild trips there every year. we are well aware of the Witch population that lives in Salem. Plus there was atleast 10 kids I knew in my High School (not including myself) that were witches. Those who answered no must not be from around here where I live, lol.
    MorriganzMommy

Answer by MorriganzMommy at 8:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I posted to that ?. LOL... some of the answers were funny and sterotypical... the warts, long noses and green skin... hmmm... if I had green skin I would be running my butt to the drs ...lol...
    Damn I wish I could make things go "Poof"... my house would sooooo clean and the laundry would be sooooo done....lol....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i know i know.
    I know what they were thinking of ...and i should have been prepared for those answers.
    I guess i'm just surprised because sooooo many people are aware of witches.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I actually posted it... I was going through some old polls and there was one that said do you believe in witches? and a lot of women said "No, Witches don't exist" So, I wanted to see how many people do believe in witches and how many still believe that they are just a fiction...  I have to say I was happily surprized to see that most said yes, they knew that there are real life witches... Of course half of us answering are witches... lol.

I posted it in Just For Fun and not here because I can't imagine anyone that frequents this section would say no, even if they don't believe.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2009