My ped. office is "out" of the baby flu shot???? They said go to CVS and get it.

I guess kids under 2 can't use the nose inhaled stuff. My baby is 13 months and they said they don't have the shot for him and I should go to CVS and see if they have any left. That just doesn't sound right to me, I don't get it....??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yep probablly bc i was surprised when i saw a walgreens commericial u can get flu shot at walgreens now fr like 28$ so has to be right..
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• its true..my dh is a pharmacist and his store has only a limited amount of tamiflu for prescriptions, with only an allotted amount til....? some of his stores are offering flu shots, just like a lot of pharmacies; some don't. can you not get the flu shot at your local health dept.??
    they expect more people to get reg. flu shots this year because of the swine-flu panic, even though the reg. flu vaccine does not work for the swine flu. that's another shot altogether...as i understand.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• each office only gets a certain amount of flu vaccines. they must have run out already with all the hype this year. kids under 2 can't get the nasal mist because it is a live virus and just not recommended for babies/toddlers. my son isn't getting one. he is allergic to eggs, which the vaccine is made with/on. he has been fine so far without it!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2009